* Images shown are of mature plants
My FGT Yard Planner
You'll need to log in or create an account in order to save this item
Have questions? Talk with our Plant Experts (800) 973-8959
Vibrant Color and Interest, Year-Round
As the months turn colder, and other plants lose their flowers and leaves, the Diane Witch Hazel flourishes. The shrub maintains its color, first in vibrant orange leaves in fall, and then, in mid-winter, with copper-red flowers.
The Diane Witch Hazel shrub is best for:
- Gardeners who want to preserve vibrant colors after the summer months.
- Low maintenance planting.
- Gardens with highly-acidic soil, though it will tolerate clay soils.
The Diane Witch Hazel is perfect for four-season gardens, as it shows its beauty in fall and winter. In spring, the shrub sprouts broad green leaves that turn to yellow, orange, and red in the fall. January to March, the shrub sports small, scented blooms. Each flower has unusual copper-red, ribbon-like petals that add color to snowy and leaf-less landscapes.
The Diane Witch Hazel is moderate in size, reaching 8 to 12 feet tall and 10 to 15 feet wide. It's perfect for varied shrub borders, or even as part of a hedge or privacy greenery. Another reason to plan Diane Witch Hazel? It's deer-resistant, a boon for many gardeners.
Looking for a low-maintenance way to add color to your landscape, year-round? The Diane Witch Hazel is the perfect choice.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
Because your Diane Witch Hazel is delivered with a healthier, more developed root system, you'll get unmatched color that elevates your landscape, without the hard work. We plant, grow and nurture your Diane Witch Hazel with care at our nursery, long before it ships to you. All that's left for you to do is plant and enjoy.
Don't wait - get your own Diane Witch Hazel today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Dig a hole large enough to accommodate your Diane Witch Hazel shrub's root ball, backfill the soil and water to settle the roots.
Generally, the Diane Witch Hazel prefers well-drained soil and full to partial sun (4 to 6 hours of sunlight). The Witch Hazel likes acidic soil will grow in clay soil, as long as it's moist and well-draining.
2. Watering: Let your soil dry to the touch down to about 2 inches in between waterings. Once soil is dry, give your Diane Witch Hazel a deep watering.
3. Fertilizing: Fertilize at the beginning of every spring with a well-balanced blend, and follow label instructions for best results.
4. Pruning: Because of its tendency to spread, it’s important to trim Diane Witch Hazel plants in spring to maintain its shape and size. Make sure to remove root suckers regularly, as well.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $129||$19.95|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||8-12 ft.|
|Mature Width:||10-15 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Hamamelis x intermedia 'Diane'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ|
|Grows Well In Zones:||4-8 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|