Growing Zones: 3-8 outdoors(hardy down to -30℉) 3-8 outdoors
- Mature Height:
- 6-8 ft.
- Mature Width:
- 4-5 ft.
- Growth Rate:
- Botanical Name:
- Hydrangea paniculata 'Limelight'
- Does Not Ship To:
Don't Buy Bare-Root Trees (learn why below)
The Dwarf Tree with Giant Blooms
Nothing says summer like huge, colorful blooms on a small tree. That's exactly what the Limelight Hydrangea delivers season after season. But not just any blooms: The Limelight's floral display gets started early, in an eye-popping show sure to beautify your garden.
Pastel-like colors of pink, green and blue give way to white blooms later in the season. The large, puffy flowers pack the dwarf's branches the whole summer. Its reputation for ravishing blooms has thrust this little-but-fierce tree into the limelight the past few years, earning the 'best performer' title from many enthusiasts.
Whether the Limelight Hydrangea Tree is planted in a container, on the patio or in the garden, it offers the perfect accent to practically any planting location. Plus, you can bring some of the Limelight's freshness indoors by creating colorful flower arrangements that will brighten any room. Dry and preserve some of your favorite blooms to keep them on hand after season's end - it's the perfect way to keep summer alive.
Although it's trained to be a dwarf, the Limelight Hydrangea can grow to about 8 feet if it's not pruned. Best of all? It's a healthy specimen that's resistant to most diseases and pests and tolerant to drought. Whether you're out in the country or on a city block, the Limelight Hydrangea will adapt to almost any setting and always steals the show.
A popular favorite because of its compact size, beauty and magnificent floral production, the Limelight Hydrangea Tree goes fast. Get yours today!
Customer Reviews & Photos
Limelight Hydrangea Tree
Fantastic, fast delivery, great size, very healthy!
Tree was planted upon arrival and watered well, it’s blooming now and is doing good, I planted it in a place where it gets about 5 hours of sun and half of the tree gets even less so one side is alittle lopsided with blooms (one side has more than the other) I plan to transplant to a more sunnier place for it to be more happy. The reason for the 4 starts is that I saw same tree at my local nursery for $37 cheaper (including shipping you’d save on) so check your local nursery before buying. Wish I did. Other then that I am satisfied with this tree, the blooms are beautiful and I plan to buy two more limelight hydrangeas but in bush form.
Limelight Hydrangea purchase
My first Limelight Hydrangea Tree arrived in bad shape, leaves and branches were all dead, but after contacting customer service a new one was shipped out immediately. Arrived quickly and looks beautiful. Very healthy and lots of flowers. Very pleased with it and with the customer service experience.
Great Size Tree!
Bought this tree about a month ago and it was just as described height and width-wise. Nice "instant tree" you can just plant in the ground. It was shipped well. Dont panic if it looses some leaves in the 1st few days from stress, they grow back. Just keep watering it. We have big huge white blooms on it now. I recommended this to a friend!
Limelight Hydrangea Tree
I ordered one in early spring and it did so well I ordered a second one a month later. They Arrived in excellent condition and they both are in full bloom and just gorgeous.
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Filtered shade with 4 to 6 hours of sun is ideal for the best performance as far as sun exposure goes, and well-drained soil is important. When you're ready to plant, dig a hole twice the size and just as deep as the root ball. Hold the tree straight as you begin to back fill, tamping down the soil as you go. Apply water to settle the soil and remove the air pockets then mulch to retain soil moisture.
2. Watering: Provide a good soaking of the soil 2 to 3 times each week. If you're not sure when to water, however, simply check your soil about 2 inches down - if the soil is dry here, it's time to water.
3. Fertilizing: Apply a slow-release, balanced fertilizer formula, like 10-10-10 or 16-16-16, and follow the application instructions on the label.
4. Pruning: Prune your Limelight Hydrangea Tree in late winter or early spring, before new growth emerges. You can also remove any dead or diseased areas during the year, as needed.
Most items ship the next business day unless otherwise noted
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately, however some orders may ship in 1-2 business days (we do not ship on the weekends) from date of purchase. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|