Growing Zones: 3-8 outdoors(hardy down to -30℉) 3-8 outdoors
- Mature Height:
- 8-12 ft.
- Mature Width:
- 3-4 ft.
- Full Sun
- Growth Rate:
- Botanical Name:
- Thuja occidentalis 'Emerald Green'
- Does Not Ship To:
Don't Buy Bare-Root Trees (learn why below)
Perfect Height for Privacy, Even in Small Spaces
Why Emerald Green Arborvitaes?
Ready to cultivate your own privacy fence or lush screen of greenery? The Emerald Green Arborvitae is the go-to. Easy to grow and sized perfectly, these hedge trees are ideal for tight areas. And their shimmering emerald color and disease resistance make them an extremely popular evergreen hedge.
The Emerald is your best choice for a medium-sized privacy screen. Just plant these amazing hedges in groupings for a tidy, neat look that never needs trimming. The Emerald Green Arborvitae is perfect for planting next to foundations or other tight areas where you need an attractive evergreen accent tree.
And the Arborvitaes are exceptional performers, adaptable to a variety of soil conditions and weather extremes. That means you won't have to deal with ugly browning in even the coldest of winters or unattractive dead spots and holes.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
Since our Emerald Greens are one of the thickest evergreens you can plant, they're super durable and adaptable, forming a solid privacy fence that you'll never have to prune. That’s because our Emerald Green is a proven performer, grown at our nursery for best results.
Adaptability and versatility are key when it comes to the Emerald Green. The possibilities are endless, making the Emerald Green Thuja an extremely popular hedge tree. Order your own Emerald Green privacy today!
Customer Reviews & Photos
- Fast Growing Trees
Hit the lottery
I put this tree in my son's lot and was happy like I hit the LOTTree! Nice roots not like bare twigs I bought from another vendor.
Trees arrived nicely packed and very healthy. Planted and growing nicely except for deers eating at them, for which we had to built protection for them in the meantime.
Very good experience. I recommend anyone who is looking for variety trees and speedy delivery to buy from fast growing trees.
Fast shipping. Planted the Emerald Green Arborvitae's 5 weeks ago and they still look great!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Emerald Green Thujas grow best in full sun, but they can withstand partial shade (afternoon sun is best in this case). And for best results, plant these trees six feet apart to enjoy their pyramid shape or four feet apart for a dense hedge.
When planting Emerald Green Thujas, dig a hole that is just as deep as the root ball and twice as wide. If the top of the root ball is lower than the surrounding soil, remove the tree and fill in part of the hole. Replace the tree and fill in the hole with the same soil you removed. You do not need to add anything to the soil. Mulch around the tree with shredded hardwood mulch. A layer three inches thick, extending three feet, around the tree is ideal.
Water your new tree by counting to 20 while holding the hose near the trunk or give the tree five watering cans full of water.
2. Watering: Water your new tree every day by holding a hose around it and counting to 20. If you don’t have a hose, five full large watering cans full of water will do. You’ll need to keep this up for the first two weeks.
The second two weeks, you can switch to watering every three days with the above method.
After the first month, water once a week unless it is dry and hot (no rain and temperatures above 80 degrees). If it is hot and dry, water twice a week.
After the first six months, the trees will be established and won’t need any extra water.
3. Pruning: The Emerald Green Thuja grows well without pruning. In fact, this is one tree that needs no pruning, other than to remove dead branches. If you do decide to hedge this tree, make sure that when you trim, the bottom of the tree is wider than the top.
4. Fertilizing: This tree does not need extra fertilizer. If the leaves are not the right color, the problem is likely the soil pH. Test the pH and add aluminum sulfate if the pH is too high, and lime if the pH is too low. Normal pH is between 5.5-7.0.
Most items ship the next business day unless otherwise noted
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately, however some orders may ship in 1-2 business days (we do not ship on the weekends) from date of purchase. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|