Growing Zones: 3-9 outdoors(hardy down to -30℉) 3-9 outdoors
- Mature Height:
- 30-45 ft.
- Mature Width:
- 8-10 ft.
- Growth Rate:
- Botanical Name:
- Juniperus virginiana 'Brodie'
- Does Not Ship To:
A Superior Columnar Evergreen
Why Brodie Eastern Red Cedar Trees?
No other tree compares to the Brodie Eastern Red Cedar, which offers the highly sought-after qualities of the cedar in a dense, columnar evergreen form.
Because of its sleek, more compact growth habit, the Brodie fits perfectly in any space. And it's one of the hardiest and most tolerant trees on the market:
- It grows anywhere across the country, in any soil or environmental condition - cold or hot, dry or wet.
- No diseases and pests, which means no harsh chemicals or sprays.
- Little to no upkeep because of its tolerance, hardiness and resistant to diseases and pests.
You get the Brodie's light and feathery dark green foliage, densely packed in its upward-growing branches, with ease. In a small yard, one or two can stand out as specimens, and in larger yards, a row of several can act as a perfect hedge or screen. But wherever you plant your Brodies, you'll have a fuller landscape and raise your home's value.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
But the best part of your Brodie Eastern Red is the fact that it arrives at your door, ready to thrive and outlast tough conditions with ease. That's because we've planted, grown and shipped your Brodie with care. Now, you reap the rewards with a stronger, better-developed root system.
The Brodie is hard to find at local nurseries or garden centers...especially Brodies grown and nurtured for months ahead of time.
When you order from Fast Growing Trees, you can rely on strong growth for seasons to come. Order yours today!
Customer Reviews & Photos
- mail order
Brodie Eastern Red Cedar
The cedars arrived in great condition.
Brodie Western Cedars
Too early to tell. The weather here is very windy and colder than usual. Initially, your company noted the trees wouldn't be sent until May 10th. I got them in late April and Just planted them. I sure hope they survive, because they will make a nice border on the property. The trees came packaged perfectly and I sheltered them until planted. I'll let you know how they do.
Tree came well packed and good height. The reason for four stars is it is a young and I will need to know further o how it will grow
Brodie Eastern Red Cedars
First time ordering trees through mail order. Trees arrived boxed and in good shape, have been planted and looking good. Look forward to see how they'll do compared to the standard eastern red cedars I've got.
Good trees came in good shape and we planted them right away
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Plant your Brodie Eastern Red Cedar in full to partial sun (4 to 8 hours of sunlight) and well-drained soil. Dig a hole twice as wide but just as deep as the root ball. There is no need to amend the soil.
After planting, add a layer of mulch to help the ground retain moisture. Water deeply after planting to settle the roots.
2. Watering: Watering is only necessary during dry periods, especially while it is establishing.
3. Fertilizing: You can add an organic fertilizer in the spring if you want faster growth, but it is not necessary.
4. Pruning: You can prune during the summer for shape and size, but it is not necessary for the health of the tree.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately, however we are currently experiencing delays and could take up to 7-10 days from date of purchase. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
|$149 +||FREE SHIPPING!|