* Images shown are of mature plants
Unique, Exotic Tree for Specimen Planting
Why Wissel's Saguaro Cypress Trees?
A unique, exotic form of the Lawson Cypress, the Wissel's Cypress is grown to resemble the Saguaro Cactus of Arizona. Twisted, dense foliage that grows tightly on an upright silhouette set this tree apart, particularly since the growth comes from a single central trunk.
And because Wissel's Saguaro grows at a slow rate, it fits in almost anywhere. It reaches about 6 feet tall and 2 feet wide in ten years, so it's perfect for pot planting. Plant it in rocky areas or use it to line property borders - no matter where it's placed, it transforms your garden. Plus, it's got no significant pest or disease issues, and it won't need special training to develop its unique shape.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
Aside from its good looks and effortless growth, your Wissel's Saguaro is better because it's planted, grown, and shipped with care. When your tree arrives at your door, it's already got a healthy, better-developed root system.
You won't get a tree this full and green from your local big-box store.
Spruce up nearly any space in your landscape - get your Wissel's Saguaro Cypress today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: First, find an area with proper sunlight (around 4 to 6 hours per day) and well-drained soil. Then, dig your hole twice as large as the root ball and just a little shallower. The top of the root flare (where the roots end and the trunk begins) should be about an inch above the surrounding soil. Hold the tree straight as you begin to backfill the site, tamping down the soil as you go. When it's completely backfilled, apply water to settle the soil and remove any air pockets.
If you're container-planting, select a pot that's twice the width of your plant's shipped container, use organic potting soil, place your tree, and water to settle the roots.
2. Watering: Water your tree evenly until the soil becomes moist. Allow the soil to dry for a few days, until it feels dry to the touch about 2 inches below the surface. A slow drip from a garden hose works best as it allows the water to penetrate the soil deep down to the roots without over saturating it.
During excessive hot and dry weather, you may need to water up to three times weekly.
3. Fertilizing: Fertilize your tree well after a year of growth using a general fertilizer, such as a 10-10-10 formula. Feed once every spring will give it a boost.
4. Pruning: If you plan to keep your trees from growing past a certain point or want them to stay in an ornate shape, prune more regularly.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $149||$19.95|
|$149 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||6 ft.|
|Mature Width:||2 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Chamaecyparis lawsoniana 'Wissel's Saguaro'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ|
|Grows Well In Zones:||5-7 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 5-7 outdoors(hardy down to -10℉)
Customer Reviews & Photos
I love this tree so much I immediately bought another.
Healthy, shipped quickly... Hopefully will grow fast!
A little smaller than I expected, but that was my own expectation, not anything negative. Otherwise healthy, happy plant. Thank you!