* Images shown are of mature plants
My FGT Yard Planner
You'll need to log in or create an account in order to save this item
Cold Tolerant Evergreen Growth
Why Norway Spruce Trees?
For starters, the Norway Spruce Tree can grow to a large height in as little as three years. It will continue to grow rapidly to a mature height of 50 feet. And since it's a dense tree that easily blocks out wind and neighbors, it's ideal for use as a privacy barrier, windscreen, or even a traditional showpiece.
Plus, you'll enjoy its deep green color year-round. Especially since it's even drought tolerant, too. Believed to be the most cold hardy spruce available, the Norway truly thrives and will grow in any Northern state. Also, the Norway Spruce is the most disease resistant spruce you can find. Any serious disease or insect problems that kill other spruce trees do not affect the Norway Spruce.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
First, a substantial wind barrier is just a click away. The Norway makes a solid statement and helps lower your winter heating bills. But the best part? Not only is it good-looking, adaptable to a variety of conditions and soils and very cold tolerant, but it's also been planted, grown and nurtured for top benefits.
We've done the hard work at our nursery in growing your Norway Spruce long before shipping...now, you reap the rewards in your own landscape.
Don't wait - get this tough evergreen for yourself. Get your Norway Spruce Tree today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Avoid planting your Norway Spruce too close to sidewalks, buildings, or street right-of-ways. It's best to plant the tree as soon as you bring it home from the nursery, but it's important to avoid planting the tree during extremely dry weather and to give it at least six weeks to develop before the first frost of the season. If you need to wait to plant the tree, keep the roots constantly moist.
When you're ready to plant, dig a large hole twice as wide as the size of the Norway Spruce root ball and just as deep. Dampen the roots in preparation for planting and set the root ball into the hole, being sure the trunk is straight. Back fill the hole with a mixture of your native soil and some gardening soil. Mulch around the base of the spruce to keep weeds and grasses from growing around the planting site.
2. Watering: The Norway Spruce tolerates acidic soils well, but does not do well on dry or deficient soils. During times of drought, additional watering may be needed. Generally, we recommend watering your Norway about once per week.
3. Fertilizing: Feed your Norway mild, slow-acting fertilizer tabs for the initial growing season and save stronger fertilizers for when the tree is established. Once the tree is established, feed it twice a month during early spring and once a month during the summer months.
4. Pruning: Prune Norway Spruce Trees in the late winter or early spring. For young trees, follow branch tips back until you find two branches growing to either side. Snip off the center branch growth. Doing this will encourage the side branches that remain to grow faster and to make the tree bushier. Cut the lowest rung of branches on the tree to force more height.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $149||$19.95|
|$149 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||50 ft.|
|Mature Width:||25 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Picea abies|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ|
|Grows Well In Zones:||2-7 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 2-7 outdoors(hardy down to -50℉)
Customer Reviews & Photos
- Norway Spruce
Beautiful little tree
I couldn’t be happier with our new Norway Spruce. It arrived in vibrant, healthy condition and was about 4 feet tall from the bottom of the container. As with our other purchases from this company, we couldn’t be more pleased. I’m definitely a dedicated customer.
So far, so good!
The ordering and shipping process was very easy. The trees arrived just a few days after I ordered them and they were in great shape! I followed the instructions while planting and can't wait to see my four new Norway Spruce start to grow!
It arrived on time well packed and undamaged. We Love our new Norway Spruce tree.
Perfect. Arrived as promised. Nice people to work with.
Luv my Norway Spruces
Bought 4 and r so happy in ground so far. Arrived beautifully packed n fresh and planted and mulched heavily w/ leaves due to us being in North Ga.. Planted 1st week of November. Looking forward to their growth .
I love the limbs on this tree. It's so beautiful and strong. It has already grew an inch from transplanting it.