* Images shown are of mature plants
An elegant evergreen with cascading branches
This evergreen will provide your yard with color all year, while providing a spectacular unique look. The branches on this evergreen grow upwards, then curve towards the ground in a weeping display. The cascading branches create a mounded look, found on other deciduous weeping trees that lose their leaves.
The weeping nature of this tree allows it to grow into the perfect elegant hedge, providing privacy from the neighbors. Other flowering trees and shrubs will pop against the green branches that gracefully brush the ground, the needles on the branches will also provide a textured backdrop, attracting the eyes of all your neighbors to your landscape.
Due to the compact nature of this tree they can fit anywhere. Only growing 10 to 15 feet tall they make for the perfect accent tree. If left unpruned these trees can grow 15 to 30 feet wide, making them perfect to plant along boundaries as wind and noise screens.
Weeping Hemlocks are extremely cold hardy. Winter temperatures and heavy snows won't harm this tree, plus its weeping branches provide refuge for wildlife in even the heaviest blizzards. These trees are also able to survive in a variety of poor soils, drought conditions, and wet yards. Once planted this weeping hemlock will provide beauty for generations.
The secret is out about these weeping evergreen beauties, and they're selling fast. We recommend getting yours today, before they're gone.
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Find a site that offers some shade. The tree requires daily direct sun, but prefers partial shade, especially in areas that have hot summer temperatures. Choose a location that has around 4-6 hours of sun daily. The soil should have moist and well-draining soil that is on the acidic side.
Dig the hole twice the size as the root ball and just a little shallower. Use your fingers to separate the roots of your tree and gently position them downward in the hole. Position to where the trunk begins and the roots end, about an inch above the soil level. Backfill the hole, apply water to settle the soil, and remove the air pockets.
Protect the roots in winter against the chill by applying a thick layer of pine needles, bark, or wood. Keep the mulch about 2 inches from the trunk.
2. Watering: Water well so the soil can stay moist at all times. Generally, we recommend watering once or twice weekly for best results. If you're not sure when to water, check the surrounding soil about 3 inches down - if the soil is dry, it's time to water.
3. Fertilizing: In spring, the tree can be fertilized with an evergreen tree plant food.
4. Pruning: Pruning is only required if you wish to keep the tree at a certain shape or size. It is not necessary for the health of the tree. Be sure to sterilize your cutting tool with some rubbing alcohol if you're planning to prune/shape the tree.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $49||$19.95|
|$49 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||10-15 ft.|
|Mature Width:||15-30 ft.|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ|
|Grows Well In Zones:||4-8 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|