* Images shown are of mature plants
My FGT Yard Planner
You'll need to log in or create an account in order to save this item
Creamy White Blooms for Weeks at a Time
Why Japanese Snowball Bushes?
Beautiful yet super easy-to-grow, the Japanese Snowball Bush is known for its full white blooms and rich green foliage that usher in spring. The Snowball's flowers emerge a striking lime-green in late spring and gradually turn to snowy-white in mid-May, retaining their green color for several weeks before turning to cream and white.
At full maturity, the Japanese Snowball's blooms are like brilliant white pom-poms, reaching up to 8 inches in width. Plus, you get these huge blooms for weeks at a time. A relative of the honeysuckle, the Japanese Snowball's clusters resemble the blooms of the Hydrangea but are even easier to grow.
In fact, this particular variety will provide a longer and more profuse season of blooming than any other plant in its family. But despite its staying power and unbelievable beauty, it couldn't be easier to grow. It can be trimmed to any size or shape, from shrubs and hedges to borders, or even be trained as a tree.
Cut it back after flowering and prepare for another round of blooming from your Japanese Snowball Bush because this incredible variety blooms on both old and new wood. This Viburnum is an extremely hardy variety that is resistant to bacterial leaf spot and powdery mildew too, unlike its relatives.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
When you order your Japanese Snowball Bush from Fast Growing Trees, you get a repeat bloomer that works hard in your garden but requires no work from you.
That's because we plant, grow and ship your Japanese Snowball with care. Once it arrives at your door, it's already got a healthy root system and better branching that anything found at local big-box retailers.
And unlike those chain garden centers, we never ship bare-root. Your Japanese Snowball Bush is made to thrive, year after year - no guesswork or hassle required.
The only work for you is ordering your Japanese Snowball Bush before it's gone! Don't wait...get your Japanese Snowball today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: The Japanese Snowball Bush will perform well in either full sun or partial shade (about 3 to 6 hours of sunlight per day), depending on where you are located. In warmer climates, provide the plant with afternoon shade. In cooler areas, it can take full sun.
Dig a hole that is three times the width of the container (the root ball) and just as deep. Place the plant in the hole so that the top of the rootball is even with the soil level. Backfill your soil and water lightly every few inches as you backfill to remove any air pockets. Finally, mulch the surrounding area once planting is complete.
If you're container-planting, select a pot that's about twice the width of your Snowball's shipped container, use organic soil, and place your plant in proper sunlight.
2. Watering: Water your Snowball after the soil has had the chance to dry out about 2 inches down. The frequency will vary depending on your climate and weather conditions. They will need more water during times of excessive heat and drought. However, your Snowball will not need to be watered after it goes dormant for the season or after the ground freezes.
3. Fertilizing: Generally, the Snowball will not need a lot of additional fertilizer. To increase blooming, you can fertilize in the early spring with a high phosphorus fertilizer like bone meal or bloom booster. Look for the middle number of the formula to be higher than the others for the added boost of phosphorous (example: 5-25-10).
4. Pruning: Prune the snowball immediately after flowering for shaping and to remove damaged or dead limbs.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $129||$19.95|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||8-15 ft.|
|Mature Width:||10-15 ft.|
|Sunlight:||Full Sun-Part Shade|
|Botanical Name:||Viburnum plicatum|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ|
|Grows Well In Zones:||5-8 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 5-8 outdoors(hardy down to -20℉)
Customer Reviews & Photos
- planting container
- snowball bushes
Yes I do
Right now I’m watching it, the leaves are changing colors
Our snowball bushes arrived well-packed and in perfect condition. We can’t wait to enjoy the beautiful blooms.
My plants arrived quickly and are healthy and beautiful
Our snowball bushes arrived today. Shipping was fast and we were very impressed with what a good job they did packing the bushes. No broken branches or squished leaves and no dirt spilled out from the planting container. We are looking forward to planting these beautiful bushes. Thank you all! Well done!