Growing Zones: 5-9 outdoors(hardy down to -10℉) 5-9 outdoors
- Mature Height:
- 3 ft.
- Mature Width:
- 3 ft.
- Part Shade/Part Sun (Zones 6-9) Full Sun (Zones 4-6)
- Growth Rate:
- Botanical Name:
- Hydrangea macrophylla 'Hokomathyst'
- Does Not Ship To:
Shimmering Purple Color for Months at a Time
Why Everlasting® Amethyst Hydrangea Shrubs?
A parade of purple color sets the Everlasting® Amethyst, delivering a look that lives up to its name as a true gem in your garden. Its long-lasting blooms emerge in vibrant fuchsia that transitions to violet-blue, transforming your landscape throughout the summer.
Even better is its carefree growth and compact size. Despite its explosive color and huge blooms, the Everlasting® Amethyst Hydrangea Shrub is well-suited for nearly any space in your garden - from borders along your driveway to flower beds in your front yard, it gives you curb appeal like never before.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
We’ve nurtured and hand-picked your Everlasting® Amethyst Hydrangea Shrub for best growth...now, you also get a proven performer that takes your curb appeal to the next level. And unlike other big-box retailers or local nurseries, we never ship bare-root.
That means you get better roots and more mature branching (for bigger blooms and bold color) delivered right to your door.
We’ve done the extra work in cultivating the best Everlasting® Amethyst Hydrangea Shrub possible so that you get the best of the best. Order your own Everlasting® Amethyst today!
Customer Reviews & Photos
Planting & Care
1. Planting: First, choose an area with full sun to partial shade for your Everlasting® Amethyst (simply shield it from excessive afternoon sun). The Everlasting® Amethyst grows easily in organically-rich soil that’s somewhat moist but well-drained. However, it thrives in most soil types and prefers summer mulch.
To plant your Everlasting® Amethyst, dig a hole deep enough to cover its root ball. After placing your plant, tamp down the soil while backfilling to avoid air pockets. Water your Everlasting® Amethyst to settle the soil that surrounds the roots.
2. Watering: Water deeply and regularly during the first full growing season so that your Everlasting® Amethyst Hydrangea’s root system becomes well-established. To test when and how much to water, check the top 2 to 3 inches of soil – if it’s dry, it’s time to water until it’s moist but not oversaturated. During times of drought, the shrub should be watered twice weekly instead of once weekly.
3. Fertilizing: Fertilize your shrub regularly during the growing season – this helps your plant to establish and thrive in your landscape.
4. Pruning: Prune if needed immediately after flowering. Any winter-damaged stems may be pruned in early spring, and some additional pruning for shaping purposes is fine.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately, however we are currently experiencing delays and could take up to 7-10 days from date of purchase. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
|$149 +||FREE SHIPPING!|