* Images shown are of mature plants
My FGT Yard Planner
You'll need to log in or create an account in order to save this item
Deep Purple Flowers and Butterfly Attraction
With its deep purples, pinks and magentas, the Butterfly Magic Butterfly Bush brings a fireworks display to your yard, with its arching bundles of multi-colored flowers.
Also called the Butterfly Magic Buddleia, the Butterfly Magic Butterfly Bush has bright colors and fragrant flowers that attract a variety of hummingbirds and butterflies throughout the summer. You may even find yourself getting closer to sample the sweet fragrance of the Butterfly Bush's flowers.
The Butterfly Magic Butterfly Bush is a great addition to the front or side of your garden bed, with its medium stature and its outstanding blooms.
Plant in medium-dry soil and give enough space to allow 5-8 feet of spread. The Butterfly Magic Butterfly Bush will grow 5-6 feet tall, and once established, is easy to maintain and care for, yielding green foliage all season.
The Butterfly Magic Butterfly Bush also works well in containers - if you want to place the Butterfly Bush on your patio, just give the Butterfly Magic Buddleia sufficient space to bush outwards. If you wish to prune your Butterfly Bush, cutting flowering stems close to the base in early spring will allow your flowers to bloom more predictably in summer.
- Deep green, lush foliage creates attention-grabbing contrast with purple flowers
- Mask the smells of the city or passing traffic with sweet, signature fragrance
- Easy to plant and care for
- Produce home-grown bundles of flowers to give as gifts
- Create a healthy ecosystem by attracting birds and birds to your garden
Why FastGrowingTrees.com is Better
We've nurtured our Butterfly Magic Butterfly Bushes with care at our nursery, carefully growing each Butterfly Bush so you get proven performance once it arrives at your door. You won’t get the same experience from other nurseries or big box stores.
Our Butterfly Bush will give you year after year of spring and summer color and wildlife attraction. Get your own today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Select a location that receives full sun. Butterfly Bushes can also thrive in partial sun, as long as they receive 4 hours of direct sun a day.
After choosing your area, dig a hole that is twice as wide and just as deep as the container. Place your plant in the hole so that the top of the soil is even with the surrounding soil level, and backfill with a mixture of native soil and compost.
These plants like rich soil, so you can use a 50/50 mixture of compost and native soil to add additional nutrients. Water well to settle the roots, and tamp the soil when done. Cover the area with mulch to protect the roots and help them conserve moisture.
2. Watering: Ensure the area has well-draining soil. Once planted, your Butterfly Bush should be watered once or twice weekly. The soil must be moist at least 6 to 8 inches deep. Once watered, allow the soil to dry out before watering again.
3. Fertilizing: Butterfly Bushes rarely need fertilizer, unless planted in poor soil conditions. In that case, you can use a slow-release fertilizer for your plants. Follow the instructions on the package of your fertilizer and water deeply afterwards.
4. Pruning: These plants can be pruned annually. Remove spent blooms on the plant to encourage more blooms. During the plant's dormancy period in late fall to early winter, Butterfly Bushes can also be pruned towards the ground for shaping.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $129||$19.95|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||5-6 ft.|
|Mature Width:||5-8 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Buddleia davidii 'Butterfly Magic'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ,OR,WA|
|Grows Well In Zones:||5-9 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 5-9 outdoors(hardy down to -10℉)
Customer Reviews & Photos
- show stopper
It arrived very sad looking, I wasn't sure if it would make it, had dried off branches and was wilted. Within about 2 months it grew a lot and has been producing the most beautiful, fragrant flowers. Truly a show stopper!