Growing Zones: 5-9 outdoors(hardy down to -10℉) 5-9 outdoors
- Mature Height:
- 10 ft.
- Mature Width:
- 6 ft.
- Growth Rate:
- Botanical Name:
- Hibiscus syriacus 'Blushing Bride'
- Does Not Ship To:
Eye-Catching Summer Color + Carefree Growth
Why Blushing Bride Rose of Sharon Althea Shrubs?
Named for its soft summer color from large double blooms, the Blushing Bride Rose of Sharon Althea delivers pink blush hues and textural green leaves on upright, slender branches.
You get this vivid color and stunning growth habit, hassle-free. The Blushing Bride Shrub is a showy specimen that thrives in a number of landscape locales, from hedging near your driveway to screening along your neighborhood street. Especially since it handles urban pollution without issue, continuing to bloom like a champ amongst smog and stale air.
And its upright form is perfect for hiding unsightly areas. The Blushing Bride's full growth habit means hiding crawl-space openings, utility areas and beyond with ease. This Althea's double pink pom-pom blossoms are quite different from the tubular blossoms associated with other varieties, so you get one-of-a-kind looks wherever you plant it.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
Your Blushing Bride Rose of Sharon will arrive with a healthier, more developed root system because the hard work in growing has been done long before it's shipped to your door.
We've ensured that your Blushing Bride Rose of Sharon is delivered with a healthy, intact root system and better branching. So, unlike the flowering trees offered at big-box retailers, your Blushing Bride is ready to grow as soon as it arrives at your door.
The only work for you? Ordering and finding the perfect spot to plant. Get your own Blushing Bride Shrub today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: First, select an area with well-drained soil and full to partial sun (4 to 8 hours of sunlight per day). When you're ready to plant, dig a hole that's twice the width of your plant's root ball and just as deep. Then, place your shrub, backfill the soil and water to settle the roots. Finally, mulch the surrounding soil to conserve moisture.
2. Watering: Water your Althea Shrub once or twice weekly in order to conserve soil moisture. If you're not sure when to water your shrub, check the soil with your index finger, about 3 inches down. If the soil is dry here, it's time to water.
3. Fertilizing: Fertilize before new growth begins in the spring with a well-balanced blend, such as 10-10-10.
4. Pruning: Prune your Rose of Sharon in the winter, after flowering, in order to shape your shrub.
Customer Reviews & Photos
Much nicer than I anticipated. I live it florida. Do not know if it is too hot for this rose of sharon. So far, so good
Perfect and they were gorgeous
I got this plan couple of weeks ago it came very healthy and happy. It already has buds. I can’t wait for it to start blueing in a couple of days I also ordered another one
The weather this spring/winter continuation has caused several of the plants I bought through you to suffer leaf loss. I am praying the come back to life. And, several of the plants arrived with the plants not being in their pots causing the root balls to be disturbed.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately, however we are currently experiencing delays and could take up to 11-14 days from date of purchase. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
|$149 +||FREE SHIPPING!|