Growing Zones: 5-9 outdoors(hardy down to -10℉) 5-9 outdoors
- Mature Height:
- 10 ft.
- Mature Width:
- 6 ft.
- Growth Rate:
- Botanical Name:
- Hibiscus syriacus 'Blushing Bride'
- Does Not Ship To:
Eye-Catching Summer Color + Carefree Growth
Why Blushing Bride Rose of Sharon Althea Shrubs?
Named for its soft summer color from large double blooms, the Blushing Bride Rose of Sharon Althea delivers pink blush hues and textural green leaves on upright, slender branches.
You get this vivid color and stunning growth habit, hassle-free. The Blushing Bride Shrub is a showy specimen that thrives in a number of landscape locales, from hedging near your driveway to screening along your neighborhood street. Especially since it handles urban pollution without issue, continuing to bloom like a champ amongst smog and stale air.
And its upright form is perfect for hiding unsightly areas. The Blushing Bride's full growth habit means hiding crawl-space openings, utility areas and beyond with ease. This Althea's double pink pom-pom blossoms are quite different from the tubular blossoms associated with other varieties, so you get one-of-a-kind looks wherever you plant it.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
Your Blushing Bride Rose of Sharon will arrive with a healthier, more developed root system because the hard work in growing has been done long before it's shipped to your door.
We've ensured that your Blushing Bride Rose of Sharon is delivered with a healthy, intact root system and better branching. So, unlike the flowering trees offered at big-box retailers, your Blushing Bride is ready to grow as soon as it arrives at your door.
The only work for you? Ordering and finding the perfect spot to plant. Get your own Blushing Bride Shrub today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: First, select an area with well-drained soil and full to partial sun (4 to 8 hours of sunlight per day). When you're ready to plant, dig a hole that's twice the width of your plant's root ball and just as deep. Then, place your shrub, backfill the soil and water to settle the roots. Finally, mulch the surrounding soil to conserve moisture.
2. Watering: Water your Althea Shrub once or twice weekly in order to conserve soil moisture. If you're not sure when to water your shrub, check the soil with your index finger, about 3 inches down. If the soil is dry here, it's time to water.
3. Fertilizing: Fertilize before new growth begins in the spring with a well-balanced blend, such as 10-10-10.
4. Pruning: Prune your Rose of Sharon in the winter, after flowering, in order to shape your shrub.
Customer Reviews & Photos
Most items ship the next business day unless otherwise noted
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately, however some orders may ship in 1-2 business days (we do not ship on the weekends) from date of purchase. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
|$119 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
You can still order, but due to cold weather, we have delayed shipping to the areas shaded on the map below. We want your new plant to thrive right out of the box, so we will wait on shipping your order until the weather is ideal. This includes anyone in
Growing Zones 3 & 4. If you are unsure of your growing zone, visit our
Growing Zone Finder.
Some plants are not available for immediate shipment, and delayed delivery is noted.
We will resume normal shipping in the Spring. Please see the table below for your approximate ship date.
|Growing Zone||Shipping Resumes|
|Zones 3 & 4||Week of May 4th|
|Zones 5 - 11||Ships Now!|