* Images shown are of mature plants
Amethyst Blooms Bring Gardens to Life!
Why Autumn Lilac™ Encore® Azalea?
If you’re looking for a colorful bush that grows in colder climates, look no further than the Autumn Lilac™ Encore® Azalea! Its two-inch, light purple flowers with darker purple spots will rejuvenate your landscaping throughout spring, summer, and fall. In winter, this Azalea continues to offer bright green foliage for extended garden interest.
Another benefit of this Azalea is that it can fit in almost any planting location, as it only reaches three or four feet in height and width. It's an ideal, compact option for versatile gardening.
The Autumn Lilac™ Encore® Azalea makes a great addition to any yard because it's disease and pest-resistant without sacrificing beauty. It's also adaptable enough to grow in containers, though its dwarf size makes it uniquely well-suited for foundation plantings too.
Why FastGrowingTrees.com is Better
This tough, easy-to-grow Azalea is the perfect combination of practical and pretty, giving you everything you need for a reliable, highly attractive shrub. Delivered right to you for hassle-free, guaranteed quality, you're sure to enjoy this carefully grown and maintained Azalea. Order your Autumn Lilac™ Encore® Azalea today.
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Spring and fall are ideal times to plant Azaleas when conditions in your area aren't too cold or too hot. However, if you avoid freezing and extremely hot temperatures, you can plant any time of the year. Unlike other Azaleas, this one does well in both partial and full sun.
Before planting, be sure to test your soil to determine if it's acidic - the type of soil Azaleas prefer. If you have alkaline soil, you should modify it before planting Azaleas by adding fertilizer, compost, or sulfur.
When you’re ready to plant, dig a hole that’s three times as wide and just as deep as the shrub’s root ball. Remove the plant from the container and loosen the roots with your fingers so that they spread out once planted, and then, place your shrub. Backfill the soil and water lightly as you do this to remove air pockets.
If you plan to plant several Azaleas near each other to create a hedge, be sure to space them at least three feet apart; if you want them to have some space between them, give them five feet.
2. Watering: We recommend watering twice to three times weekly in the first growing season. During the hotter times of the year, plan to water every other day, depending on the weather. Once plants are established, they will need less frequent watering.
3. Fertilizing: To maintain your Azalea, be sure to fertilize it annually in the spring. Follow label instructions closely, as the application will vary by manufacturer.
4. Pruning: You don’t have to prune your Azalea, though many gardeners choose to do so after the bush is finished blooming to ensure it grows fuller and is renewed.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $125||$19.95|
|$125 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||3-4 ft.|
|Mature Width:||3-4 ft.|
|Blooms:||Spring, Summer, Fall|
|Spacing:||At least 3 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Rhododendron 'Robles'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ|
|Grows Well In Zones:||6-10 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|