Growing Zones: 5-9 outdoors(hardy down to -10℉) 5-9 outdoors
- Mature Height:
- 30-40 ft.
- Mature Width:
- 15-20 ft.
- Full Sun
- Growth Rate:
- Botanical Name:
- Cryptomeria japonica var. sinensis
- Does Not Ship To:
Feathery Soft, Fast-Growing Evergreen Foliage
Why Cryptomeria Radicans?
Merging densely-packed, emerald green foliage with a soft and wispy texture, the Cryptomeria Radicans offers a new spin on your favorite evergreen. Plus, it’s bred to develop at a fast pace…gaining nearly 3 to 4 feet of growth each year.
That means you get its graceful and elegant figure – tall, slender and tapering to a point – quickly. Plant near a deck or patio and sit back and enjoy the flowing foliage.
But Cryptomeria Radicans are tough and adapt to a variety of soils and conditions, even hard compact clay. Growing in full sun to partial shade, this conifer is also quite drought tolerant once established. Even better? It’s also disease resistant and practically thrives on neglect. Just plant it and forget it.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
But the best benefit is that our Cryptomeria Radicans arrives with a well-developed root system, ready for rapid growth. Because we’ve planted and grown each tree with meticulous care, you get a high-quality perform that’s ready to flourish in your own landscape. You reap the rewards of long-term growth at our nursery.
Don’t wait – the fresh, green growth and quick gains of our Radicans are just a click away. Order your own Cryptomeria Radicans today!
Customer Reviews & Photos
- Fast Growing Trees
The order was received very quickly, reducing any possibility of damage during shipment. The tree I received was in excellent condition and I planted it within 48 hrs of it's arrival. It is a bit too early to describe it's overall beauty but I have high hopes it will grow quickly and start dancing in the breeze within a few years.
I love them and looking forward to their fast growth. Since I just put one in the ground in October, when do I stop watering it? When will it go dormant for the Winter - or do I keep watering it if it does not rain or snow?
Thank you for the review! Once your ground freezes you no longer need to water your plants! Feel free to reach out with any other questions or concerns!
Great. The plants arrived in such perfect shape that at first glance that I thought they looked like they were made in a factory.
This was one of my first purchases in a long time from FGT. The three 3-4 foot (Closer to 4') Cryptomeria Radicans that I received were in excellent shape and were beautiful young trees. Job well done by the packaging crew! Thank you!
Doing well in MA
Trees came in a great shape. It's been about a month and they seem to be doing well. Planted them in a very sunny spot, in soil with a good amount of clay.
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Cryptomeria Radicans are tough and adapt well to a variety of soils. They will thrive with little care from zones 5 to 9 and can be grown in full sun to partial shade. A rugged evergreen, it is considerably drought tolerant once established.
A location with plenty of early morning sun will help foliage grow fuller and prevent fungus on leaves. When you're ready to plant, dig a hole the same width and depth of the Cryptomeria's root ball, ensuring that the sides of the hole are level or lower than the base of the tree where the roots begin. Place the Cryptomeria in the hole and fill with the dirt you removed.
Insert a stake into the ground next to the tree tying the trunk to the stake to support the tree until its roots are established. Water thoroughly to ensure that the soil is moist.
2. Watering: This species should get a minimum of an inch of water each week (generally, running the hose for 30 seconds to one minute is advised). Monitor the amount of water your Cryptomeria is receiving by placing a dish near the plant as you irrigate and adjust water amounts as necessary.
FGT Tip: If you notice your Cryptomeria beginning to drop needles, spray the tree several times throughout the day with a spray bottle or a garden hose.
3. Fertilizing: Prior to any new growth in the spring, apply an acidic fertilizer. Always mix and apply according to the label directions.
4. Pruning: Cryptomeria grow quickly and can form very dense foliage, so it’s important to prune back any dead or diseased branches at the start of summer and continue to prune regularly through all seasons except winter. Use pruning shears as needed to ensure sunlight reaches the inner branches.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately, however we are currently experiencing delays and could take up to 7-10 days from date of purchase. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
|$149 +||FREE SHIPPING!|