Growing Zones: 5-9 outdoors(hardy down to -10℉) 5-9 outdoors
- Mature Height:
- 30-40 ft.
- Mature Width:
- 15-20 ft.
- Full Sun
- Growth Rate:
- Botanical Name:
- Cryptomeria japonica var. sinensis
- Does Not Ship To:
Don't Buy Bare-Root Trees (learn why below)
Feathery Soft, Fast-Growing Evergreen Foliage
Why Cryptomeria Radicans?
Merging densely-packed, emerald green foliage with a soft and wispy texture, the Cryptomeria Radicans offers a new spin on your favorite evergreen. Plus, it’s bred to develop at a fast pace…gaining nearly 3 to 4 feet of growth each year.
That means you get its graceful and elegant figure – tall, slender and tapering to a point – quickly. Plant near a deck or patio and sit back and enjoy the flowing foliage.
But Cryptomeria Radicans are tough and adapt to a variety of soils and conditions, even hard compact clay. Growing in full sun to partial shade, this conifer is also quite drought tolerant once established. Even better? It’s also disease resistant and practically thrives on neglect. Just plant it and forget it.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
But the best benefit is that our Cryptomeria Radicans arrives with a well-developed root system, ready for rapid growth. Because we’ve planted and grown each tree with meticulous care, you get a high-quality perform that’s ready to flourish in your own landscape. You reap the rewards of long-term growth at our nursery.
Don’t wait – the fresh, green growth and quick gains of our Radicans are just a click away. Order your own Cryptomeria Radicans today!
Customer Reviews & Photos
- Fast Growing Trees
As advertised , arrived well packaged in perfect condition and on time. Anxious for it to take root and start growing
The trees were beautiful and my customer was happy. Thank you!
My cryptomeria radicans are just lovely and my experience with Fast Growing Trees was terrific. I will definitely order from them again. I can't thank them enough for their service and pleasant ordering for my new gorgeous cryptomeria. Kindly, Mary Jane Hurley Brant Newtown Square, PA
Very Happy So Far
My cryptomeria arrived very fast - in 2 days - packaged very well and in excellent condition. It has been in the ground for a month now and except for a few brown branches that I plucked, it's looking as healthy as the day I got it. The true test will be in the spring to see how it survives the winter. I purchased the warranty and hopefully won't need to use it.
Very nice shrubs
Arrived in good order. Look healthy. I am eager to see them take root and grow.
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Cryptomeria Radicans are tough and adapt well to a variety of soils. They will thrive with little care from zones 5 to 9 and can be grown in full sun to partial shade. A rugged evergreen, it is considerably drought tolerant once established.
A location with plenty of early morning sun will help foliage grow fuller and prevent fungus on leaves. When you're ready to plant, dig a hole the same width and depth of the Cryptomeria's root ball, ensuring that the sides of the hole are level or lower than the base of the tree where the roots begin. Place the Cryptomeria in the hole and fill with the dirt you removed.
Insert a stake into the ground next to the tree tying the trunk to the stake to support the tree until its roots are established. Water thoroughly to ensure that the soil is moist.
2. Watering: This species should get a minimum of an inch of water each week (generally, running the hose for 30 seconds to one minute is advised). Monitor the amount of water your Cryptomeria is receiving by placing a dish near the plant as you irrigate and adjust water amounts as necessary.
FGT Tip: If you notice your Cryptomeria beginning to drop needles, spray the tree several times throughout the day with a spray bottle or a garden hose.
3. Fertilizing: Prior to any new growth in the spring, apply an acidic fertilizer. Always mix and apply according to the label directions.
4. Pruning: Cryptomeria grow quickly and can form very dense foliage, so it’s important to prune back any dead or diseased branches at the start of summer and continue to prune regularly through all seasons except winter. Use pruning shears as needed to ensure sunlight reaches the inner branches.
Most items ship the next business day unless otherwise noted
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately, however some orders may ship in 1-2 business days (we do not ship on the weekends) from date of purchase. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|