* Images shown are of mature plants
|Mature Height:||10-20 ft.|
|Mature Width:||8-12 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Ilex vomitoria 'Pride of Houston'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ|
|Grows Well In Zones:||7-9 outdoors|
|You are in Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 7-9 outdoors(hardy down to 10℉)
White Blooms in Spring + Bright Berries in Fall
Why Pride of Houston Yaupon Holly Shrubs?
This lovely North American shrub produces striking white flowers in the spring and abundant, brightly-colored berries that welcome fall. The long-lasting berries stay through winter and attract a variety of birds, bees, and other wildlife, making the Pride of Houston Yaupon a must-have for your landscape.
The Pride of Houston's large, upright growth makes it a versatile landscape accent that can stand alone or offer a vibrant backdrop. This dense, multi-stemmed evergreen has a refined texture that sets it apart from similar varieties.
Even better? It's highly tolerant of drought and sea salt. Tough conditions are no match for the strong, virtually carefree Pride of Houston Yaupon.
Why FastGrowingTrees.com is Better
The best part about your Yaupon? It’s made to acclimate and grow well, with results that continue long after it arrives at your door. That’s because we plant, monitor, and ship your Yaupon with care. We put in the extra work to meticulously nurture your plant and ensure it’s a proven performer.
Now, you’ll reap the rewards of our hard work. Order your own Pride of Houston Yaupon Holly Shrub before it’s gone!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Your Yaupon Holly is highly adaptable, but it’s important to select the right location – preferably one that receives 6 to 8 hours of sunlight per day and with well-drained soil. After selecting a location, dig a hole that’s two to three times the size of your shrub’s root ball, place your shrub, then backfill the soil while tamping down the soil to avoid air pockets. After planting, water to settle your Yaupon’s roots.
It doesn’t tolerate urban pollution, so it’s best planted away from streets and highly urban areas.
2. Watering: Water your Yaupon weekly, or more often in extreme heat. If you’re not sure when to water your shrub, simply check its surrounding soil down to about 2 or 3 inches. If the soil here is dry, water your Yaupon. It prefers average to moist soil but is drought tolerant.
3. Fertilizing: Feed your Yaupon with a general-purpose fertilizer in early spring.
4. Pruning: Prune to shape in late winter after the danger of extreme cold has passed.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
Customer Reviews & Photos
Pride of Houston Youpon Holly
Arrived in very good shape.
Ya upon holly
I had no idea the leaves were so tiny, but the plant is bushy and bigger than I expected, I’ll wait til next year before making tea, though.
Yaupon tea soon!
Fine, looks strong, planted out
Tried the Pride of Houston Yaupon Holly
I purchased 3 of the Pride of Houston Yaupon Holly to try them before getting enough to complete my hedges. They are doing well, so now I am ready to purchase 15 more to complete my hedges.