* Images shown are of mature plants
|Mature Height:||6-8 ft.|
|Mature Width:||3-4 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Chamaecyparis obtusa ‘MonYur’|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ|
|Grows Well In Zones:||4-8 outdoors|
|You are in Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 4-8 outdoors(hardy down to -20℉)
Statement Evergreen with Prized Fern-Like Foliage
Looking for a unique, statement-making evergreen to add to your landscape? The Jade Waves Fernspray False Cypress is the perfect choice.
Providing a delicate balance between contained neatness and informal playfulness, the Jade Waves Fernspray is a unique specimen that stands out in any landscape.
Its branches appear loose, fern-like and fluffy, inviting exploration. Evergreen foliage features dark green shades near its interior, contrasted with light green at each branch’s tips.
Growing out from an upright, central form, the Jade Waves Fernspray's branches have a slight arch, arranging themselves into a handsome pyramid shape. Growing up to 6-8 feet tall and 3-4 feet wide in 10 years, it's small and slow growing, perfect for compact spaces.
A favorite of landscape gardeners, you can plant this Fernspray False Cypress in a pot and let its vibrant coloring fill a patio, or plant a pair on either side of a doorway to create an enchanting entry display. It also fits well with Zen gardens and modern landscapes, and can be planted as a specimen, border, screen or accent tree.
- Iconic fern-like foliage
- Informal arching branches
- Perfect in Zen or contemporary gardens
- Great for hedges, screens and borders
- Year-round interest
- Grows naturally into a neat pyramid form
- Slow growth and compact
Why Buy from FastGrowingTrees.com
When you order your Jade Waves Fernspray False Cypress from FastGrowingTrees.com, you get a well-rooted tree that's ready to grow on day one. Our tried-and-true process of planting and growing our trees in nutrient-rich soil, months before they ship to you, gives you a healthy head start.
That means you'll get a one-of-a-kind look with less work, and a proven performer that's ready to make an impact in your landscape. No matter where it's planted, you'll find the Jade Waves Fernspray False Cypress makes a statement.
The only catch? Ordering before they're gone. Get your Jade Waves Fernspray False Cypress today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: The Jade Waves Fernspray False Cypress does best in full sun (6 to 8 hours of sunlight daily) and well-drained soil. When you're ready to plant, dig the hole twice the size as the root ball and just a little shallower, and place your False Cypress. Hold the shrub straight as you begin to backfill the hole, tamping down the soil as you go. When it's completely backfilled, add water to settle the soil and remove any air pockets.
If you're planting in a container, make sure it has plenty of holes in the bottom for drainage. The pot size should be at least twice the size of the one it initially came in.
Choose a location on the patio, backyard, or front or side of the house, providing it will receive full sun.
2. Watering: Jade Waves Fernspray False Cypress trees prefer regular watering, especially in times of heat or drought. Water weekly, or stick your finger into the surrounding soil down to a depth of 2 inches and feel for moisture. If the soil is drying out, water it until you see it escaping the drainage holes (when potted) or until the area is moist.
3. Fertilizing: Fertilize your shrub well after a year of growth, once the root system has had enough time to establish. Using a general fertilizer, such as a 10-10-10 formula, every spring will give it a boost.
4. Pruning: Though it's not required, you can prune your Jade Waves Fernspray False Cypress to shape.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
|$149 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
Customer Reviews & Photos
- side walk
- False Cypress
- Jade Waves Fernspray
Jade Waves Fernspray False Cypress is just beautiful. I bought two. One for each side of my side walk.