|Mature Height:||6-8 ft.|
|Mature Width:||6 ft.|
|Sunlight:||Filtered Sun to Partial Shade|
|Botanical Name:||Illicium simonsii|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ|
|Grows Well In Zones:||8-11 outdoors|
|You are in Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 8-11 outdoors(hardy down to 20℉)
A Fragrant, Flowering Shrub for Year-Round Color
A robust flowering shrub, the Anise Tree brings year-round color, with glossy olive-green foliage and creamy yellow blooms in the spring. Its foliage is similar to the rhododendron, making it a great landscape substitution for warmer climates.
An added bonus? When crushed, the Anise Tree's foliage gives off an earthy, herbal aroma, similar to fennel and licorice. However, the Anise Tree is not a culinary substitute for Star Anise - its seed pods are not edible and should not be ingested.
Known for thriving in warm conditions, the Anise Tree can tolerate a wide range of growing conditions, including partial shade.
The Anise Tree works well as an attractive, eye-catching accent. Plant in a lightly shaded bed or a woodland garden, or in pots for shaded patios or entryways.
- Compact size for easy placement
- Hardy and tolerant of many soil types
- Great plant for shaded areas
- Evergreen leaves and yellow flowers give year-round color
- Fragrant with an earthy, herbal scent
Why Buy from FastGrowingTrees.com?
At FastGrowingTrees.com, we nurture our Anise Trees to ensure you get a proven performer and a strong start. Our trees and shrubs are planted in nutrient-rich soil and grown with care, so they're ready to thrive on day one. All you need to do? Open the box and plant in your desired location.
Get this landscape favorite, delivered straight to your door. Order your own Anise Tree today!
Planting & Care
If you live in a colder climate, you can plant your Anise in a container to bring inside during the winter. Select a container that’s about twice the width of your plant’s shipped pot and ensure it has drainage holes.
2. Watering: Keep soil evenly moist but not soggy - water weekly, or more in times of extreme heat or drought. When watering, check your soil about 3 inches down for dryness. If the soil is dry, it’s time to water.
3. Fertilizing and Pruning: Feed your Anise Tree with a high-acid fertilizer in early spring. Pruning is typically not needed.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
|$149 +||FREE SHIPPING!|