Growing Zones: 5-9 outdoors(hardy down to -10℉) 5-9 outdoors
- Mature Height:
- 20-30 ft.
- Mature Width:
- 5-8 ft.
- Growth Rate:
- Botanical Name:
- Wisteria frutescens 'Amethyst Falls'
- Does Not Ship To:
North America's Non-Invasive Wisteria
Why Amethyst Falls Wisteria Vines?
A fast-growing vine that produces full purple flowers up to 12 inches long, the Amethyst Falls delivers a graceful show of shimmering beauty that is otherwise typically reserved for the sunny south. And since it's a sterile plant, it won't take over your yard like many other varieties.
Your Wisteria blossoms each spring with cascading flowers and will lightly repeat throughout summer. While the blooms steal the show, the green foliage is impressive in its own right. New leaves are so shiny they look like gems as the sun picks up their elegant gleam.
Even better? It's carefree! The Amethyst Falls Wisteria is easy to grow and adapts well to a wide range of soils. Once established, it's drought tolerant. There are no known issues regarding insects or pests, and it's deer resistant as well. In other words, hours spent in your garden are a thing of the past. You won't have to do a thing to keep your Amethyst Falls Wisteria looking gorgeous.
It flourishes quickly at the onset of spring, elegantly wrapping around fences and trellises. If you're one of those growers who are eager to see results as soon as temperatures warm, you'll love how swiftly this vine swings into action.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
Whether you plant in a container, use as a vine for your arbors and pergolas, or train as a tree, your Amethyst Falls will grow above and beyond. That's because we've planted, grown and nurtured your Amethyst Falls with care.
Now, you reap the rewards of our hard work at the nursery...with healthy, intact roots and better growth delivered right to your door.
The only work for you? Ordering and picking the perfect spot for your Amethyst Falls! Your Amethyst Falls Wisteria vine from Fast Growing Trees Nursery will arrive with a good, solid root system so it will quickly adapt to its new home...no guesswork in growing. But hurry - order your Amethyst Falls today before it's gone!
Customer Reviews & Photos
- planting directions
yes, i do like it.
Your service is great. Thank you, keep it up!
So far so good.....
The plants looked good when they arrived. I gave them a few days to acclimate and have since planted both in the ground to hopefully soon grow up over a pergola. The plants took to the ground right away, no signs of shock. Plants look great so far!
Quality plants that grow quickly.
Plant arrived healthy and undamaged. Followed planting directions and it has taken off beautifully.
Excellent healthy plants. All 7 are budding
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Select a location with well-drained soil and full sun (about 6 to 8 hours of direct sunlight daily).
Dig a hole that is three times as wide as the root ball and just as deep (if planting more than one, space the plants 10-15 feet apart). Gently hold the plant while making sure it’s vertical in the hole and backfill the hole with your other hand, working the soil around the roots to avoid air pockets. You may have to stake your Wisteria - in that case, surround your plant with stakes that are about 6 to 10 inches deep in the soil.
2. Watering: During your first year of growth, an inch of rainfall per week is recommended. Typically, this means watering once or twice weekly in the morning or evening on hot, summer days to allow the plant to soak up the water before it evaporates. A slow trickling from the hose works best so the soil can absorb water. After establishment, rainfall will suffice for your Wisteria.
3. Fertilizing: Your Wisteria will require little fertilizing. If you have poor or sandy soil then consider using a small amount of fertilizer like formula 5-10-10 or 5-10-5. Feed your wisteria about 3/4 cup per square yard each year during the spring.
4. Pruning: Wisteria needs to be pruned twice a year, typically once in late winter and again in mid-summer. Winter pruning is to prepare the flowering spurs for the upcoming season. Summer pruning keeps the long, whip-like shoots under control.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately, however we are currently experiencing delays and could take up to 7-10 days from date of purchase. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
|$149 +||FREE SHIPPING!|