* Images shown are of mature plants
|Mature Height:||8-10 ft.|
|Mature Width:||6 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Hibiscus syriacus 'Red Heart'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ|
|Grows Well In Zones:||5-8 outdoors|
|You are in Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 5-8 outdoors(hardy down to -10℉)
Tons of White-Red Blooms on Strong Branches
Why Red Heart Rose of Sharon Althea Shrubs?
Strong upright branches meet unmatched blooms, making the Red Heart Rose of Sharon the perfect pick to elevate your garden. From colorful borders along your driveway to flower bed focal points, the Red Heart Rose of Sharon makes an unparalleled statement.
Vibrant green foliage offers the perfect contrast against white flowers and red-yellow centers. And since the Red Heart Rose of Sharon tolerates pollution well, you can display its beauty anywhere - whether it's in containers next to your entryway or growing along the street, it takes your curb appeal to new heights.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
Your Red Heart Rose of Sharon arrives with a healthier, more developed root system because the hard work in growing has been done for you...long before it's shipped to your door.
Since we've ensured that your Red Rose of Sharon is delivered with an intact root system and better, stronger branching, you get amazing results. Unlike the flowering shrubs offered at big-box retailers, your Red Heart Rose of Sharon is ready to grow as soon as it arrives at your doorstep.
The only work for you will be finding the perfect spot to plant! Get your own Red Heart Rose of Sharon today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: First, select an area with well-drained soil and full to partial sun (4 to 8 hours of sunlight per day). When you're ready to plant, dig a hole that's twice the width of your plant's root ball and just as deep. Then, place your shrub, backfill the soil and water to settle the roots. Finally, mulch the surrounding soil to conserve moisture.
2. Watering: Water your Red Heart once or twice weekly in order to conserve soil moisture. If you're not sure when to water your shrub, check the soil with your index finger, about 3 inches down. If the soil is dry here, it's time to water.
3. Fertilizing: Fertilize before new growth begins in the spring with a well-balanced blend, such as 10-10-10.
4. Pruning: Prune your Red Heart Rose of Sharon in the winter, after flowering, in order to shape your shrub.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
|$179 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
Customer Reviews & Photos
The ROS Althea arrived healthy and well packaged. We were excited to see so many branches with so many buds and one brave soldier that blossomed in the box Althea has been planted for a couple of weeks and with no sign of shock or wilt. I highly recommend this company and will buy from it again.