* Images shown are of mature plants
My FGT Yard Planner
You'll need to log in or create an account in order to save this item
Have questions? Talk with our Plant Experts (800) 973-8959
Re-Think Your Landscape with Recurve Ligustrum
Why Recurve Ligustrum Shrubs?
The Recurve Ligustrum, or Ligustrum Recurvifolium, is an upright evergreen shrub that adds color and texture with its broad, dark green, wavy leaves.
Appropriately named for its curving leaf tips, this versatile variety adds excitement and personality to any garden space. The Recurve Ligustrum serves as the perfect foundation, hedge or screen plant, offering year-round color and fast-growing, fragrant, white flowers that bloom in spring.
The best part of your Recurve Ligustrum? Its adaptability. Your Recurve Ligustrum will thrive in nearly any climate - including sun, shade and many different soil conditions. It has admirable resistance to deer, insects, drought and heat. And its landscape uses are endless - plant several in a row as a short hedge, or trim the lower branches to form a compact, elegant tree.
Why FastGrowingTrees.com is Better
You'd be hard pressed to find a healthier, better developed Recurve Ligustrum. Because we’ve planted, grown and shipped your Ligustrum shrub with thoughtful care and attention to detail, you get an easy-care shrub that’s ready to thrive in your landscape - and burst with blooms and growth.
Get your very own Recurve Ligustrum now! It's the finishing touch your landscape has been looking for.
Planting & Care
1. Planting: This Ligustrum prefers at least 4 hours of sun, so look for a planting area with full sun to partial shade (anywhere from 3 to 6 hours of sunlight daily). Soil type doesn't matter, provided that it's well-draining.
When you're ready to plant, dig a hole that's large enough to accommodate your shrub's root ball, backfill your soil, and mulch the surrounding soil. Finally, water to settle the shrub's roots.
If you're planting in a container, select a pot that's about twice the size of your shrub's shipped container, use organic soil, and place in an area with adequate sunlight.
2. Watering: While tolerant of drought once established, good watering is important until your plant reaches that stage. You should water when the surface soil dries to 1 to 3 inches down by touch.
3. Fertilizing: Avoid highly soluble fertilizers if possible. Slow-release, organic-based nutrient sources are the best. Fertilize in early spring, after the threat of frost has passed.
4. Pruning: You can shear or prune your Ligustrum in spring, and remove dead or damaged branches at any time of year.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $129||$19.95|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||8-10 ft.|
|Mature Width:||6-8 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Ligustrum japonicum 'Recurvifolium'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ,OR|
|Grows Well In Zones:||7-10 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 7-10 outdoors(hardy down to 10℉)
Customer Reviews & Photos
- Fast Growing Trees
Shrubs arrived healthy.
Ordering from Fast Growing Trees has always been a positive experience. They deliver quality plants.
Ligustrum in central Florida
So far, 2 weeks in, no loss of leaves but no new growth either
Their in the ground, but don’t see any difference. They haven’t died!!! I’m thinking about getting 2 more.