* Images shown are of mature plants
Dense Amethyst Blooms and Unbeatable Pollinator Appeal!
Transform your garden into a butterfly hotspot with the Pugster® Amethyst Butterfly Bush. This deciduous shrub is compatible with nearly any size yard, walkway, or container, thanks to its miniature size.
Its long-lasting flowering display, however, is anything but small. The Pugster’s densely-packed, conical blooms reach out and taper into olive-green tips. The lilac-purple blooms last from early summer through autumn. The best part? These amethyst flowers make your garden smell like sweet honey - perfect for those lazy summer days in the garden.
Compared to a full-size Butterfly Bush, the Pugster boasts thicker stems that help the plant endure colder temperatures. Butterflies and hummingbirds will flock to this bush, but it’s deer- and rabbit-resistant. Low maintenance, drought-tolerant, and adaptable to almost any soil, the Butterfly Bush is a must-have for gardeners with little time. This plant does not require deadheading to encourage more blossoms. Just a little pruning in early spring will go a long way until the next year.
Why FastGrowingTrees.com is Better
This Butterfly Bush is highly adaptable and will tolerate most growing conditions, including clay and sandy soils. It's a drought-tolerant plant that requires little water once established, and no pruning or deadheading. That means you'll be able to enjoy these amethyst blooms - and the pollinators they bring to your yard - without the work.
Even better? We've nurtured your Pugster Amethyst Butterfly Bush since day one. That means you get proven performance, as soon as it arrives at your door.
Your Pugster Butterfly Bush will give you year after year of enjoyment. Get yours today and enjoy the abundant blooms on this manageable mini shrub!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Select a location that receives ample sunlight. These plants prefer 6+ hours of direct sunlight daily. However, they can still do well in a partially shaded spot. This still means they would still need at least 2 to 4 hours of direct morning sunlight and they can tolerate afternoon shade.
After choosing your area, dig a hole that is twice as wide and just as deep as the container that the plant arrives in. Place your plant in the hole so that the top of the soil is even with the surrounding soil level. Back fill with a mixture of native soil and compost. Water after every few inches to settle the soil and remove any air pockets that may have formed. Tamp the soil well when done.
Water well when done and cover the area with mulch to protect the roots and help them conserve moisture.
2. Watering: Ensure the area has well-draining soil. Once planted, your Butterfly Bush should be watered once or twice weekly. The soil must be moist at least 6 to 8 inches deep. Once watered, allow the soil to dry out before watering again.
3. Fertilizing: Butterfly Bushes rarely need fertilizer unless you are dealing with poor soil conditions. If that is the case, you can use a slow-release fertilizer for your plants. Follow the instructions on the package of your fertilizer and be certain to water deeply afterward.
4. Pruning: These plants can be pruned annually. You can remove spent blooms on the plant to encourage more blooms. Butterfly Bushes can also be pruned towards the ground for shaping, during the plant's dormancy period in late fall to early winter.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $49||$19.95|
|$49 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||2 ft.|
|Mature Width:||2 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Buddleia x 'Pugster'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ,OR,WA|
|Grows Well In Zones:||5-9 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|