* Images shown are of mature plants
Versatile and Durable Evergreen for Year-Round Interest
Why Dense Spreading Yews?
Whether you’re looking for an excellent foundation planting, hedging, screen or border, the Dense Spreading Yew is aptly named. This dense, low-spreading shrub boasts dark green foliage complemented by scarlet, berry-like cones for extra visual interest.
And year-round good looks are synonymous with the Yew. This lush shrub offers eye-catching perks from season to season, acclimates well to an array of landscapes and tolerates shearing well. Basically, it has the best of both worlds: Elegance and easy care, especially since it’s not bothered by serious pest or disease issues.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
Plus, the Dense Spreading Yew is a must-have for more than just its appearance. Because we’ve hand-picked this variety, grown and nurtured it well at our nursery, and shipped it with care, it arrives to your door ready to grow.
Since we’ve done the extra work in cultivating your Dense Spreading Yew to be a proven performer, you’ll reap the benefits. Upgrade your landscape with your own Dense Spreading Yew today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: To ensure the best results for your Dense Spreading Yew, choose an area with full sun to partial shade. The Yew tolerates shade well and also grows easily in well-drained soil with average moisture.
Start by digging a hole that’s at least two to three times the size of your plant’s root ball. After placing your plant, back fill the soil, tamp down to ensure air pockets are eliminated, and water your newly-planted Yew.
2. Watering: Water your Dense Spreading Yew regularly – weekly during normal weather or twice weekly in extreme heat. If you’re not sure when to water or how much to water, check the soil around your plant. If the soil is dry 2 to 3 inches down, it’s time to water.
3. Fertilizing: Fertilize the Dense Spreading Yew before new growth begins in the spring or during the summer. For a neater look, prune it annually to shape.
4. Pruning: The Dense Spreading Yew accepts pruning and shearing well, but it’s best to prune during early spring – before new growth appears.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $49||$19.95|
|$49 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||3-4 ft.|
|Mature Width:||4-6 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Taxus x media 'Densiformis'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ|
|Grows Well In Zones:||4-7 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|