* Images shown are of mature plants
|Mature Height:||3-4 ft.|
|Mature Width:||3-4 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Rhododendron 'Lavender' Bloom-A-Thon®|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ|
|Grows Well In Zones:||6-9 outdoors|
|You are in Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 6-9 outdoors(hardy down to 0℉)
Stunning Bi-Color Pink Blooms Last for Months
Why Bloom-A-Thon® Azalea Shrubs?
Introduced in 2012, the Bloom-A-Thon® has since taken the botanical world by storm. And who can resist? Blankets of purple and lavender blooms last throughout the growing season, giving your garden much-needed colors even during the heat of summer! Plus, its evergreen look gives it appeal even in the grays of winter.
It's perfect in the garden or in a container. The landscape potential for the Bloom-A-Thon® Lavender Reblooming Azalea is endless. Since the azalea is classified as a bush, you can create the most colorful hedge on the block. If you're cramped for space or live north of zone 6, you can put it in a container, and it will thrive as well as it does in the ground. You can even move it inside in the winter, and then back out in the spring for a new season of never-ending blooms!
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
Aside from their good looks and ability to grow without hassle, your Lavender Azaleas arrive at your doorstep ready to thrive. Because our nursery grows your Azalea Shrub larger than most nurseries or big box stores, there's no guesswork or fuss for you.
Your Azaleas are at least one year older than other varieties found elsewhere...so, that means their roots are well-developed, healthier, and ready to encourage heavy blooming.
Don't wait – get a statement-making plant that imparts the good looks of spring nearly year-round. Get your own Lavender Azalea today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Azaleas can thrive in full to partial sun (4 to 8 hours of sunlight per day) but will need protection from the hot sun in warmer climates. Well-drained soil is also important for your Autumn to thrive.
When you’re ready to plant, dig a hole that’s three times as wide and just as deep as the shrub’s root ball. Remove the plant from the container and loosen the roots with your fingers so that they spread out once planted and place your shrub. Backfill the soil and water lightly as you do this to remove air pockets. Finally, water again once you’re done planting and mulch the area to help conserve moisture.
FGT Tip: Azaleas love acidic soil. If you have soil that isn’t acidic, like clay, simply buy additives (organic matter, fresh coffee grounds, etc.) to amend it. You can also plant your Azalea in a container, where you can control the soil type!
2. Watering: We recommend watering twice or three times weekly in the first growing season. During the hotter times of the year, they will need watering every other day, depending on the weather. Once plants are established, they will need less frequent watering.
If you’re not sure when to water, however, simply check the soil. Stick your finger into the surrounding soil, about 3 or 4 inches down – if the soil here is dry, water your Azalea.
3. Fertilizing: Fertilize your shrub with a slow-release fertilizer that’s made for Azaleas, at some point in the early spring. Follow label instructions as the application will vary by manufacturer.
4. Pruning: These Azaleas need very little pruning. If you need to prune the plant for shape, prune after the plant has finished its spring flowering. Once plants are well-established, light annual pruning can be done to stimulate growth and blooming.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
Customer Reviews & Photos
Excellent it’s beautiful and it was blooming when I received them. I kave multiple products from Fast-Growing Trees before as gifts and for myself. They never disappoint!!!!
Plant was large and very healthy. Pretty flowers.
The azalea bush will be a lovely start to my garden
This was one of several plants I ordered. It arrived in good condition and is happy now that it is in the ground