* Images shown are of mature plants
Easy-to-Grow Pear Tree With Delicious Red Fruit
With its ruby-red color and juicy, crisp pears, the Red Bartlett Pear Tree is a stunning and delicious addition to any landscape.
Unlike other European pear varieties, Red Bartlett Pears fully ripen on the tree and can be harvested anytime in late August and September. Not only will the Red Bartlett fill your yard with a sweet, floral aroma, but the pears can be plucked and enjoyed fresh from the vine or used later in salads, sauces, preserves, or decadent desserts.
Red Bartlett Pear is versatile, hardy, and self-fertile, making it a great choice for beginner gardeners. These trees grow well in rural, suburban, and even urban environments. And in the springtime, the deciduous Red Bartlett shows off a beautiful display of white blossoms.
Get gorgeous pears and the convenience of homegrown fruit right in your own backyard orchard. Order your Red Bartlett Pear Trees today!
Red Bartlett Pear Tree Pollination
Red Bartlett Pear Trees are self-fertile. You will get fruit with only one plant. However, adding an additional pollinator will drastically increase the size of your crop. Below are the most effective pollinators we have chosen for your area...
Planting & Care
1. Planting: For best results, your plant Red Bartlett Pear Tree somewhere with well-draining soil and where it can get at least 6 hours of direct sunlight per day. Dig a hole about twice the size of the root ball. Loosen the roots around the tree's root ball and place it in the hole. Backfill the dirt (gently tamping the soil down as you go) and water deeply.
FGT Pro Tip: We recommend applying a layer of mulch over the root system and spreading it out for better water absorption.
2. Watering: After planting, water two to three times per week, depending on rainfall. Once your tree is established, you can reduce watering to once a week.
3. Pruning: Pear trees may require light pruning. Remove crossing or broken branches as needed throughout the year.
4. Pollination: The Red Bartlett is self-fertile and doesn't need a pollinating partner. However, it will produce more fruit when planted near another pear tree.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $49||$19.95|
|$49 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||12-18 ft.|
|Mature Width:||12-15 ft.|
|Harvest Time:||August - September|
|Botanical Name:||Pyrus communis 'Red Bartlett'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AR,AZ,CA,ID,OR,LA,OR,WA|
|Grows Well In Zones:||5-9 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|