* Images shown are of mature plants
|Mature Height:||3-5 ft.|
|Mature Width:||3-5 ft.|
|Sunlight:||Part Shade/Part Sun (Zones 6-9) Full Sun (Zones 4-6)|
|Botanical Name:||Hydrangea quercifolia 'Munchkin'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ|
|Grows Well In Zones:||5-9 outdoors|
|You are in Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 5-9 outdoors(hardy down to -10℉)
White Upright Blooms Transition to Bold Pink
Why Munchkin Hydrangea Shrubs?
Full bloom clusters emerge white and transition to pink, standing strong and upright...even after heavy rain. Deeply lobed oak-style leaves transition to rich mahogany in autumn, so the vibrant color interest lasts nearly year-round.
Plus, it's sleek and compact, perfect for smaller landscapes, gardens and tight areas. Plant it in groups in your flower beds or as a hedge along your driveway for vivid ombre color white-pink that takes your curb appeal to new heights.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
We’ve nurtured and hand-picked your Munchkin Hydrangea for successful long-term growth...now, you also get a proven performer that takes your curb appeal to the next level. And unlike other big-box retailers or local nurseries, we never ship bare-root.
That means you get better roots, bigger blooms, bold color, and robust branching delivered right to your door.
We’ve done the extra work in cultivating the best Munchkin Hydrangea Shrub possible so that you get the best of the best. Order your own Munchkin Hydrangea today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: First, choose an area with full sun to partial shade for your Munchkin Hydrangea (simply shield it from excessive afternoon sun). The Munchkin grows easily in organically-rich soil that’s somewhat moist but well-drained. However, it thrives in most soil types and prefers summer mulch.
To plant your Munchkin Hydrangea, dig a hole deep enough to cover its root ball. After placing your plant, tamp down the soil while backfilling to avoid air pockets. Water your Munchkin to settle the soil that surrounds the roots.
2. Watering: Water deeply and regularly during the first full growing season so that your Munchkin Hydrangea’s root system becomes well-established. To test when and how much to water, check the top 2 to 3 inches of soil – if it’s dry, it’s time to water until it’s moist but not oversaturated.
3. Fertilizing: Fertilize your Munchkin Hydrangea regularly during the growing season – this helps your plant to establish and thrive in your landscape.
4. Pruning: Prune if needed immediately after flowering. Any winter-damaged stems may be pruned in early spring, and some additional pruning for shaping purposes is fine.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
|$179 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
Customer Reviews & Photos
The plants are great or were great The Fedex driver must be illiterate. I guess He couldn’t read on the box where it says “Lay flat”. They were delivered to my front porch standing on end making some plants upside down in the box. The boxes were beat to ****. The plants had multiple broken branches. one had come completely out of the container otherwise they were OK. They should be fine with a little R&R. You really should consider a different carrier though. I liked the overall concept of an online nursery. It’s great when you can’t find a particular plant available locally. The plants should recover nicely. I was concerned most about proper handling during shipping and sure enough my concerns were warranted . But, Overall I’m happy. I will probably use fast growing trees again in the future. I just hope the shipping and handling is better.
I was very impressed by both the sites of the delivery and the quality the plants arrived in. And the price even with shipping was better than my local nurseries.
The plants I ordered arrived safely, although some were tipped over and had lost a good amount of soil. I planted them right away and have kept them watered, and most of the little plants are already forming flowers! Couldn't be happier with them and can't wait to see how they progress!
Love this hydrangea its sturdy doesn't flop over looking to add more to my garden