Honeycrisp™ & Sweet Sixteen Twisted Apple Tree Malus 'Honeycrisp' & Malus 'Sweet Sixteen'
* Images shown are of mature plants
Plant CareView Full Planting & Care Instructions
Sunlight Plant these apple trees in an area that receives full sun (6-8 hours of direct sunlight) each day.
Watering Water regularly each week when the soil gets dry 2-3 inches down. Make sure to water more often if the tree is potted or there is a period of drought.
Fertilizing Follow label instructions on an apple-specific fertilizer, usually applying several times from April until August.
|Mature Height:||14-18 ft.|
|Mature Width:||12-15 ft.|
|Year to Bear:||Can Fruit the 1st Year!|
|Botanical Name:||Malus 'Honeycrisp' & Malus 'Sweet Sixteen'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ, CA, ID, OR, WA|
|Grows Well In Zones:||3-7 outdoors|
|You are in Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 3-7 outdoors(hardy down to -30℉)
Honeycrisp™ Meets Sweet Sixteen on One Tree
Why Honeycrisp™ & Sweet Sixteen Twisted Apple Tree?
Get the flavor of quality of home-grown Honeycrisp™ Apples plus the sweet vanilla-like taste of Sweet Sixteens in one tree! With the Honeycrisp™ & Sweet Sixteen Twisted Apple Tree, you get the best of both worlds effortlessly.
You get fresh fruit, right from your backyard, without hassle since your tree is grafted from proven rootstock, with cold hardiness down to -30 degrees, disease resistance, and the ability to produce fruit in just one year.
Pick apples from your garden and leave supermarket visits behind. With this amazing tree, you'll have plenty of fresh produce for baking, canning, jams, or snacking.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
We've planted, nurtured, and shipped your Honeycrisp™ & Sweet Sixteen Twisted Apple Tree with the utmost care, and put in the extra work from day one. That means it performs well...long before it even arrives at your door.
And good luck finding a tree like this at your local big-box store or garden center.
You get two varieties in one - all groomed, monitored, and trained for more branching at our nursery, so you won't have to wait for delicious fruit. Order your own Honeycrisp™ & Sweet Sixteen Twisted Apple Tree today - see what all the hype's about!
Honeycrisp™ & Sweet Sixteen Twisted Apple Tree Pollination
Honeycrisp™ & Sweet Sixteen Twisted Apple Trees are self-fertile. You will get fruit with only one plant. However, adding an additional pollinator will drastically increase the size of your crop. Below are the most effective pollinators we have chosen for your area...
- Arkansas Black Apple Tree
- Gala Apple Tree
- Fuji Apple Tree
- Golden Delicious Apple Tree
- Granny Smith Apple Tree
- Winesap Apple Tree
- McIntosh Apple Tree
- Red Delicious Apple Tree
- Braeburn & Gala Twisted Apple Tree
- Fuji & Haralson Twisted Apple Tree
- Honeycrisp™ & Cortland Twisted Apple Tree
- Honeycrisp™ & McIntosh Twisted Apple Tree
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Plant in any area that receives 6 hours of direct sun each day. Well-drained soil is also important for your tree. From there, dig a hole that's twice the width of the root ball and just as deep. Then, place the plant, tamp down your soil and water to settle. Finally, mulch around the area to prevent weed growth.
2. Watering: Your tree will benefit from regular watering each week. When the tree is in a dormant state, only provide enough water to keep the soil slightly moistened. As soon as you see newer growth emerging from the tree, you can water whenever the top 2 inches of the soil feels dry.
3. Pruning: Once your tree has become established and is starting to bear fruit, it will need some periodic, moderate pruning. Only prune the tree during times of dormancy, making sure to remove any vigorous, upright stems and weak, damaged, or dead branches. Low-hanging, droopy branches should also be removed. Pruning aids production, so it's great for your tree!
You can still order, but due to cold weather, we have delayed shipping to the areas shaded on the map below. We want your new plant to thrive right out of the box, so we will wait on shipping your order until the weather is ideal. This includes anyone in
Growing Zones 3, 4, 5, & 6. If you are unsure of your growing zone, visit our
Growing Zone Finder.
Some plants are not available for immediate shipment, and delayed delivery is noted.
We will resume normal shipping in the Spring. Please see the table below for your approximate ship date.
|Growing Zone||Shipping Resumes|
|Zones 3 & 4||Week of May 2nd|
|Zone 5||Week of April 11th|
|Zone 6||Week of March 28th|
|Zones 6 - 11||Ships Now!|
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
|$79 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
Customer Reviews & Photos
Arrived in great shape!
The tree arrived in great shape. It was not bare root and had a nice burlap sack around the roots with some dirt. Of course, it wasn't in the ground for a week before an inconsiderate deer came and ate all the leaves off it. I hope it has enough stored energy to survive the winter and put down some roots.
The twisted Honeycrisp & Sweet Sixteen Apple Tree that I bought arrived very healthy and fresh. I'm looking forward to the growth of this interesting apple tree for years to come.