* Images shown are of mature plants
|Mature Height:||3 ft.|
|Mature Width:||3 ft.|
|Sunlight:||Part Shade/Part Sun (Zones 6-9) Full Sun (Zones 4-6)|
|Botanical Name:||Hydrangea macrophylla 'Ruby'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ|
|Grows Well In Zones:||5-9 outdoors|
|You are in Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 5-9 outdoors(hardy down to -10℉)
Bold Red Color + Huge Blooms All Summer
Why Everlasting® Crimson Ruby Hydrangea Shrubs?
Looking for vibrant crimson color that's second to none? Look no further than the Everlasting® Crimson Ruby Hydrangea, famous for delivering a look that lives up to its name as an incomparable gem in your garden. Red garden blooms like this are almost unheard-of, but the Crimson Ruby fits the bill.
Plus, you get carefree growth in an easy compact size. Despite its huge blooms and unparalleled color, the Everlasting® Ruby Hydrangea Shrub is well-suited for nearly any space in your garden. From borders along your driveway to flower beds in your front yard, the Ruby gives you curb appeal like never before.
Even better? This reblooming variety lives up to its name, with stunning hydrangeas that transition from color to color for months at a time.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
But the best part is that we've nurtured and hand-selected your Everlasting® Ruby Hydrangea Shrub for unmatched growth.
Now, you get a proven performer that takes your landscape to the next level. And unlike other big-box retailers or chain garden centers, we never ship bare-root.
That means you get better roots and better branching for explosive color and blooms as you've never seen.
We’ve done the extra work in cultivating your Ruby Hydrangea Shrub so that you get the best of the best. Order your own Everlasting® Ruby Hydrangea today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: First, choose an area with full sun to partial shade for your Everlasting® Ruby (simply shield it from excessive afternoon sun). The Everlasting® Ruby grows easily in organically-rich soil that’s somewhat moist but well-drained. However, it thrives in most soil types and prefers summer mulch.
To plant your Everlasting® Ruby, dig a hole deep enough to cover its root ball. After placing your plant, tamp down the soil while backfilling to avoid air pockets. Water your Everlasting® Ruby to settle the soil that surrounds the roots.
2. Watering: Water deeply and regularly during the first full growing season so that your Everlasting® Ruby Hydrangea’s root system becomes well-established. To test when and how much to water, check the top 2 to 3 inches of soil – if it’s dry, it’s time to water until it’s moist but not oversaturated. During times of drought, the shrub should be watered twice weekly instead of once weekly.
3. Fertilizing: Fertilize your shrub regularly during the growing season – this helps your plant to establish and thrive in your landscape.
4. Pruning: Prune if needed immediately after flowering. Any winter-damaged stems may be pruned in early spring, and some additional pruning for shaping purposes is fine.
You can still order, but due to cold weather, we have delayed shipping to the areas shaded on the map below. We want your new plant to thrive right out of the box, so we will wait on shipping your order until the weather is ideal. This includes anyone in
Growing Zones 3, 4, 5, & 6. If you are unsure of your growing zone, visit our
Growing Zone Finder.
Some plants are not available for immediate shipment, and delayed delivery is noted.
We will resume normal shipping in the Spring. Please see the table below for your approximate ship date.
|Growing Zone||Shipping Resumes|
|Zones 3 & 4||Week of May 2nd|
|Zone 5||Week of April 11th|
|Zone 6||Week of March 28th|
|Zones 6 - 11||Ships Now!|
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
|$79 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
Customer Reviews & Photos
Arrived in great condition.
I’m going to keep it in a container on my porch. I already have several blooms , they are not really red but a dusty red. Hopefully going forward the color will deepen.
It is still small but from when we took it out the bios it has retained its beauty and bloom!