* Images shown are of mature plants
My FGT Yard Planner
You'll need to log in or create an account in order to save this item
Year-Round Color and Interest
The Coppertone Distylium gets its name from vibrant, copper-red new growth that turns a bluish-green at maturity. And with this shrub, you'll get visual interest year round - in the winter, it blooms with small red flowers.
You'll love the mid-sized Coppertone Distylium as a hedge or foundation planting. Growing three to four feet tall and four or five feet wide, it's perfect for compact spaces. Plus, this adaptable evergreen does well as a container plant for entryways or back patios.
The Coppertone Distylium is a great choice for gardeners who want a low-maintenance and adaptable alternative to juniper or boxwood. The shrub prefers well-drained, somewhat acidic soil, as well as hot and humid climates. After planting, it's very hardy, resistant to damp soil, disease, pests, and even deer.
With low-maintenance growth and seasonal variation, the Coppertone Distylium provides vibrant color in your landscaping year-round.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
Your Coppertone Distylium is nurtured with care, and delivered with a healthier, more developed root system. That means you'll get unmatched color and growth that elevates your landscape, without the hard work.
We plant, grow and care for your Coppertone Distylium at our nursery, long before it ships to you. All that's left for you to do is plant and enjoy.
Don't wait - get your own Coppertone Distylium today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Dig a hole large enough to accommodate your Coppertone Distylium shrub's root ball, backfill the soil and water to settle the roots.
Generally, this shrub prefers well-drained soil and full to partial sun (4 to 6 hours of sunlight). The Distylium likes acidic soil and will grow in clay soil, as long as it's moist and well-draining.
If you’re looking to create a hedge, plant the Distylium 24 inches apart. For foundation planting, give the plants six to eight feet of space.
2. Watering: Let your soil dry to the touch down to about 2 inches in between waterings. Once soil is dry, give your Coppertone Distylium a deep watering, especially in summer months.
3. Fertilizing: Fertilize at the beginning of every spring with a well-balanced blend. Follow label instructions for best results.
4. Pruning: After the shrub finishes blooming in winter, you can prune as desired. Or, if you prefer its natural shape, no pruning is required. Round the shrub or let it spread, depending on your landscape.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $129||$19.95|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||3-4 ft.|
|Mature Width:||4-5 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Distylium 'PIIDIST-III'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ|
|Grows Well In Zones:||7-9 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 7-9 outdoors(hardy down to 0℉)
Customer Reviews & Photos
The shrubs were delivered without any breakage. I think they are going to be really nice.