* Images shown are of mature plants
One of the Only Flowering Plums with Fragrance
Why Purple Plunge Weeping Plum Trees?
Unique branching in a graceful weeping habit meets iconic blush pink flowers, setting the Purple Plunge apart. Even better is the fact that it's one of the only fragrant Flowering Plum varieties, inviting guests and neighbors alike to your garden.
Sweet blooms emerge in early spring and blanket each stem of the Purple Plunge, elevating any space in your yard. And after spring's show concludes and the green of summer fades, your landscape will be greeted by deep purple leaves that are unlike any other.
That means you get year-round visual appeal from the Purple Plunge. Especially since it's adaptable and easy-growing, tolerating everything from poor soil and hot, humid weather to freezing temperatures down to -10 degrees.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
You won’t find a healthier, better developed Purple Plunge Weeping Plum – because we’ve planted, grown and shipped your Flowering Plum Tree with meticulous care, you get a hassle-free tree that’s ready to thrive in your landscape and burst with color and growth quickly.
In fact, when you buy our larger sizes, you can get the explosive color of the Purple Plunge as soon as the first season.
Everyone wants a showstopper like this in their yard. A perfect ornamental specimen with unique colors throughout each season, the Purple Plunge is extremely popular for good reason. Get yours today, before it's gone!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: The Purple Plum will perform best if you plant it in well-drained soil and full sun (6 to 8 hours of sunlight daily). Once you've selected your location, dig a hole large enough to accommodate your tree's root ball, place your tree and backfill the soil.
2. Watering: As soon as you plant your tree, saturate it with water. If you live in a hot or dry area, water your Plum twice a week. In other climates, rainfall should suffice.
3. Fertilizing: Add a 5-5-5 fertilizer in early spring before the new growth each year to get the best performance from your tree.
4. Pruning: The best time to prune your Purple Plunge is in its dormant season in winter. Simply remove dead and broken branches, and trim to shape.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $129||$19.95|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||15-20 ft.|
|Mature Width:||15-20 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Prunus cerasifera 'Purple Plunge'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ|
|Grows Well In Zones:||5-8 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 5-8 outdoors(hardy down to -10℉)
Customer Reviews & Photos
- draping branches
Cool draping branches!
Tall, healthy trunk, just starting to leaf out! The purple draping branches already look very cool.