* Images shown are of mature plants
|Mature Height:||20-30 ft.|
|Mature Width:||20-30 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Prunus subhirtella var. pendula|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ, CA, WA|
|Grows Well In Zones:||4-9 outdoors|
|You are in Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 4-9 outdoors(hardy down to -20℉)
Weeping Branches, Bright Blooms, and Easy Growth
Why Pink Weeping Cherry Trees?
Beautiful pink blooms emerge each spring on the wonderous Pink Weeping Cherry Tree and provide an explosion of color through the summer. This fast-growing tree features branches that grow upright and then gracefully cascade down like an elegant chandelier, fitting right into small spaces but making a big impression.
The branches that are studded with pink blossoms during the spring and have bright yellow leaves in the fall. Basically, your tree will be one of the brightest on the block. As temperatures drop in the winter, the graceful weeping branches still add beauty to the landscape, even through the snow.
Even better? It's one of the longest-lived flowering trees available. It will flower heavily from a young age and grow more attractive with bigger and better flowers each year. So, a profusion of blooms is a given, even in poor soil, heat, and drought.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
But the best part about your Pink Weeping Cherry? We’ve planted and grown your Pink Cherry at our nursery for months, long before it ships to your doorstep. Now, you get a well-developed root system (no bare-root!) and more mature branching. We've put in the extra work so that you get a Flowering Cherry that thrives in your landscape.
This tree is a customer favorite, so be sure to order yours now while they're still available! The only catch when it comes to the Pink Weeping Cherry? It's never in stock for long...get yours today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: They grow best in moist, well-drained, acidic soil (around 6.5 to 7.0 pH) in a spot that receives full to partial sun.
Dig your hole just as deep and twice as wide as the root ball. Leave a small mound of dirt in the center of the hole to set the root ball on and carefully spread the roots in the hole. You’ll want to keep the crown (tip of the root ball) of the tree roughly an inch above the surrounding soil level. If it doesn’t reach that point, just add a bit more dirt to the mound underneath.
2. Watering: Water the tree when the top 2 inches of soil dries (a slow trickle with a garden hose for about 10 or 20 minutes is recommended so the water doesn’t bead away from the intended watering area). This could be about twice a week in the summer, or every three weeks in the fall. Watering depends on several factors such as the soil type, rainfall amounts, and temperature.
3. Fertilizing: Flowering Cherries will not require fertilizer for the first two years. Heavy mulch around the base of the tree protects and nurtures the soil as well. When you are ready, fertilize the tree with nitrogen. Apply 1/10 pound of actual nitrogen per year for each year of the tree’s age, with a maximum of 1 pound per year. Apply it once in the spring, or spread the nitrogen amount into 2 to 4 equal applications over the spring and summer.
4. Pruning: Removal of the current year’s old, faded flowers and fruit clusters will promote flower buds for the following season. Prune the cherry tree during the dormant winter period to remove dead branches.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
|$149 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
Customer Reviews & Photos
- customer service
- cherry tree
Very well. The tree is beautiful! And we look forward to it’s flowers in the future.
I live in West Palm Beach; bought it as a gift for relatives as a memorial gift for my grandson's mother (he lost her in Nov. 2020 at the age of 48) Hope it lives for them (he and his other set of grandparents who live in Orlando (Groveland, FL)
Wound buy more trees from them. Shipping was fast and when it got here I was so impressed.
I would like to say I was very surprised to receive an email from this company after my former review of this tree. Long story short, but I was not expecting anything when I left a review saying that 2-3 years ago I was shipped the wrong color weeping cherry and just found out because this is the 1st year it bloomed. But the very next day after my review, I was offered a replacement tree, bigger than the original one I had purchased. The replacement arrived 2 days ago and it is a beautiful 5' tree! The original tree i purchased is just now getting up to 5'. I am very impressed with the level of customer service I received and will definitely be buying more trees from here in the future!
Tree arrived packed well and sized as promised - it was pruned very nice and will be come a nice tree. Thanks Fastgrowingtrees.com - excellent service!