* Images shown are of mature plants
|Mature Height:||12-15 ft.|
|Mature Width:||10-12 ft.|
|Harvest Time:||August - September|
|Year to Bear:||Can Fruit the 1st Year!|
|Botanical Name:||Prunus persica|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ, AR, CA, ID, LA, WA|
|Grows Well In Zones:||5-9 outdoors|
|You are in Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 5-9 outdoors(hardy down to -10℉)
Large Peaches in Just One Year
Why Late Ross Peach Trees?
Similar to the popular Ross Peach Tree, the Late Ross ripens five to seven days later but is especially well-known for its ability to fruit the first year. That’s right – with the Late Ross, you get well-sized, well-shaped peaches, along with supple firmness and flavor that set the tree’s fruit apart.
So, if you’re looking for an at-home orchard, the Late Ross fits the bill. The peaches from this crisp cultivar are second to none. With delicious, delectable flavor that’s suited equally to eating right off the branches or canning for later, this tree ticks all the boxes of a garden must-have.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
Best of all, the Late Ross is crafted and nurtured for healthful, happy growth. It’s a fresh pick that’s self-fertile and productive after just one year because the extra work has already been done for you. No need for hassle – the Late Ross Peach Tree is ready to perform and acclimate to your landscape.
Check out this thriving tree for yourself – order your Late Ross Peach Tree today!
Late Ross Peach Tree Pollination
Late Ross Peach Trees are self-fertile. You will get fruit with only one plant. However, adding an additional Late Ross Peach Tree will drastically increase the size of your crop.
Planting & Care
Better Late than never. The Late Ross boasts a ton of benefits you’ll love. Plus, the Late Ross Peach Tree is self-fertile, so you only need one tree to get fruit (though more trees will produce even bigger and better fruit).
1. Planting: Full sun and well-drained, fertile soil ensure your Late Ross Peach Tree will thrive. The Late Ross needs at least 6 to 8 hours of sunlight each day during the growing season. To plant your Late Ross Peach Tree, dig each hole shallower than the root ball and at least twice the width. After the hole is finished, loosen the soil in the planting hole so the roots can break through easily. Then, place your tree, back fill the soil and water to settle the roots.
2. Watering: Your newly planted Late Ross Peach Tree should be watered about once weekly. However, if you get around an inch of rainfall every 10 days or so during the growing season, additional watering should be unnecessary.
If you’re not sure how much water the tree needs, check the soil about 2 or 3 inches down - if it's dry here, it's time to water.
3. Fertilizer: If you’re planting your Late Ross Peach Tree during the fall season, wait until the spring to use fertilizer. With nutrient-rich soil, fertilizer is unnecessary until your Late Ross Peach Tree begins bearing fruit. After your Late Ross Peach Tree starts bearing fruit, an application of high-nitrogen fertilizer is recommended.
4. Pruning: Prune your Late Ross Peach Trees each year during their dormant season. If you’re located in growing zones 6 or further up North, wait to prune your tree until the late winter. When you do prune, make sure you’re pruning the Late Ross Peach Tree in an 'open center' shape, which keeps the tree’s canopy open for light purposes. The best time to prune? Within 20 to 40 days of your Late Ross’s full bloom.
Prune your tree so that each remaining peach is spaced 6 to 8 inches apart on the branches. Leave the center bloom in each cluster since it develops into the largest fruit.
5. Harvesting: When their characteristic color is completely developed, your peaches are ripe. You should see no more traces of green, and when gently squeezed, your ripened peaches will have some give.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
|$149 +||FREE SHIPPING!|