* Images shown are of mature plants
Decorative and Delicious, with Nutritional Benefits
If you enjoy attractive plants with edible potential, you'll love the Horseradish Plant. The Horseradish Plant is a root vegetable, commonly enjoyed in a famous condiment of the same name. But you might be surprised to learn how lush and vibrant a plant it is before harvest!
Before it's pulled from the ground, the Horseradish Plant displays cheerful, green foliage, with broad, wide leaves. This lush growth can sometimes include small, white flowers that sprout in dense clusters during summertime. (To prevent your Horseradish Plant from expending unwanted energy, you should pluck these flowers as they appear!)
Growing up to 2 feet tall, Horseradish Plants can be planted in the ground or in containers - just ensure your container is large enough, as the edible roots can extend quite far.
To make your own Horseradish sauce, you’ll mash the root, releasing specific enzymes for flavor, and mix well with vinegar. If you’d like to try your hand at your own Horseradish sauce, make sure to store it in your refrigerator.
The best part? If you like Horseradish for its taste, you'll love the incredible health benefits! Horseradish Plants are rich in Vitamin C, calcium, iron, potassium and more. And they're incredibly easy to grow, thriving with little to no maintenance.
Why FastGrowingTrees.com is Better
You won't find this unique root vegetable at most big box stores or local nurseries. And the best part? We've planted, grown and meticulously nurtured our Horseradish Plants for months at our nursery, so they're ready to thrive in your garden.
Lend a hint of flavor and bright greenery to your garden today. Don't miss out on our Horseradish Plant!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Horseradish Plants thrive in full to partial sun. Plant in the spring, using loose soil that's rich in organic matter.
If planting in a container, choose one large enough to support the Horseradish Plant's long, edible roots. If planting in a garden, be careful to contain the spread of your Horseradish, and pull up the entire root when harvesting - it can quickly spread and become invasive.
2. Watering: Keep your Horseradish Plant well-watered - although these plants are low-maintenance, you may need to add additional water in times of drought. If you're not sure when to water, simply check the soil down to about 2 inches - if the soil is dry here, it's time to water.
3. Fertilizing: Fertilize your Horseradish Plant once a month with a well-balanced fertilizer, following package instructions.
4. Harvesting: Your Horseradish Plant will be ready for harvest a year after planting. Harvest in spring or late fall, using a trowel to carefully dig up the roots.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $49||$19.95|
|$49 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||18-24 in.|
|Mature Width:||15-18 in.|
|Year to Bear:||Can Fruit the 1st year!|
|Botanical Name:||Armoracia rusticana|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ|
|Grows Well In Zones:||3-8 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|