* Images shown are of mature plants
The Best of Both Fruits
Are you a fruit lover who wants to try something new and exciting? This unique tree will give you the best of two delicious fruits - a plum and an apricot!
The Dapple Dandy is an interspecific tree that produces the irresistible Pluot - a combination of a plum and an apricot. While the Pluot has a unique appearance, with it’s red skin with hints of green and yellow, the delicious, creamy fruit inside has a spicy, plum-apricot flavor. The large, firm fruit is so luscious and juicy, it will both answer your hunger cravings and quench your thirst!
Often said to resemble dinosaur eggs, the Pluot is a favorite because of its sweet flavor, unique qualities and low maintenance. The Dapple Dandy Pluot is easy to grow and cold-hardy, so you won't have to micromanage or baby it.
Reaching heights of 12-15 feet, the Dapple Dandy Pluot Tree is the perfect addition to your small backyard garden, or even larger at-home orchards. Just plant your Dapple Dandy Pluot Tree with other Pluots or Plums to pollinate, and receive bushels of fruit during the warm summer months.
Don’t settle for the same fruits you can find at the grocery store - try growing the unique Pluot today. Order now before they’re all gone!
Why FastGrowingTrees.com is Better
When you order your Dapple Dandy Pluot from FastGrowingTrees.com, you'll get juicy fruit and a tree that's ready to thrive in your backyard orchard.
That’s because we’ve grown and nurtured your Dapple Dandy at our nursery from day one, so it’s ready to take off when it arrives at your door. Plus, unlike other nurseries and garden centers, we never ship bare root.
When it comes to creating a mini orchard in your garden, the Dapple Dandy has it all. Get yours today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Plant your Dapple Dandy Pluot in well-draining soil and in an area with 6 to 8 hours of sunlight per day, in proximity to another early-blooming plum tree for pollination.
Dig a hole that is twice as wide but just as deep as the root ball. Place your tree, backfill your soil and water to settle the roots. Mulch the surrounding soil to conserve moisture.
2. Watering: Be sure to water the just-planted tree well during its first two years with deep regular watering, but not completely soggy soil. Once established, the tree needs less watering but still requires deep watering during low-rainfall periods.
3. Fertilizing: Fertilize with a balanced fertilizer (such as 10-10-10) in the spring and fall. To conserve moisture and prevent weeds, give the tree a layer of mulch.
4. Pruning: This moderately spreading tree can be pruned to reduce size.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $125||$19.95|
|$125 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||12-15 ft.|
|Mature Width:||12-15 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Prunus x 'Dapple Dandy'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AR,AZ,ID,LA,WA|
|Grows Well In Zones:||7-9 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|