* Images shown are of mature plants
Vibrant Foliage & Blooms + Mid-Summer Fruit
Why Mount St. Helens Plum Trees?
Known for its small, light pink flowers and purple foliage that lasts through the summer, the Mount St. Helens Plum is a noteworthy showpiece in any yard or garden. And compared to other trees in this species, it's hardier and compact, making it ideal for growing in small spaces or in tough weather conditions.
Though it's famous for its aesthetic beauty, the Mount St. Helens can deliver juicy plums in mid-summer in ideal conditions. From fragrant spring flowers and summer purple leaves with fruit to deep, wine-colored fall foliage, the Mount St. Helens is a focal point favorite.
Tolerant of a wide range of harsh conditions, the Mount St. Helens is hardy down to -30 degrees, doesn't require a ton of water, and thrives in elevations up to 6,000 feet. When it comes to this versatile flowering plum, you get it all.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
When you order your Mount St. Helens Plum Tree from Fast Growing Trees, you'll get unmatched beauty and vivid, eye-catching foliage as soon as the first year.
That’s because we’ve grown and nurtured your Mount St. Helens Plum at our nursery from day one, so it’s ready to take off when it arrives at your door. Plus, unlike other nurseries and garden centers, we ship your tree in nutrient-rich soil, directly to your doorstep.
Order your own Mount St. Helens Plum Tree today!
Mount St. Helens® Plum Tree Pollination
Mount St. Helens® Plum Trees are self-fertile. You will get fruit with only one plant. However, adding an additional Mount St. Helens® Plum Tree will drastically increase the size of your crop.
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Plant your tree in well-draining soil and in full to partial sun.
Dig a hole that is twice as wide but just as deep as the root ball. Place your tree, backfill your soil and water to settle the roots. Mulch the surrounding soil to conserve moisture.
2. Watering: You will not likely need to water your tree unless you live in a very dry area with little irrigation. If you’re not sure when to water, check your surrounding soil about 3 inches down. If the soil is dry here, it’s time to water.
3. Fertilizing: During the first few years, you can add balanced fertilizer at the beginning of spring. However, it is not necessary to fertilize your tree once it begins to bear fruit.
4. Pruning: Your Mount St. Helens Plum Tree only requires light pruning in winter to get rid of dead branches. You can also do some additional pruning to lighten the branches or maintain a vase shape, but it is not necessary.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $49||$19.95|
|$49 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||20 ft.|
|Mature Width:||20 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Prunus 'Frankthrees'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AR,AZ,CA,ID,LA,WA|
|Grows Well In Zones:||3-9 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|