* Images shown are of mature plants
A Stunning Edible Ornamental
The Hollywood Plum is everything you could ever want from a tree. If you're looking for a naturally dwarf size tree that's easy to take care, looks incredible in every garden, and produces a delicious fruit you can eat right off the tree, then you need a Hollywood Plum tree in your garden.
Mesmerizing flowers steal the show. In early spring, breathtaking displays of small pink and white flowers take over the branches. A harbinger of warmer weather, the Hollywood Plum tree is one of the earliest blooms of the season.
Gorgeous blooms are complemented by deep purple leaves. After the show of flowers, green leaves emerge and quickly turn a deep purple, so the warm, spring colors don't leave your garden even in the summer.
This show stopping display comes in a manageable package. The Hollywood Plum tree is a natural dwarf, meaning it won't grow bigger than 15 ft. Round in shape, and usually equally wide as it is tall, this tree works great in smaller yards to bring a bold splash of color.
Plant it and then watch it grow. A really fast grower, it won't be any time at all before you start seeing the enchanting displays of flowers, leaves and fruits. And there's no need to prune, constantly water, or fertilize.
The edible plums are deliciously sweet. Some plum trees don't produce very tasty fruit, often too sour to really enjoy. But the Hollywood Plum tree's cherry plums are really sweet and juicy. Their deep red flesh and skin is tempting to bite into, and once you do, you'll be surprised by the plum sweet, mildly tart flavor.
They're great for you too! Used often in herbal remedies, the compact fruit is full of healthy vitamins, minerals and nutrients that can help you fight disease and stay healthy. Imagine walking in your garden during the summer and plucking one of these quick, healthy snacks off your tree.
These unique trees sell quickly. With everything you could want in an edible ornamental, the Hollywood Plum Tree is a highly desired tree. Brighten up your garden with this stunning tree by ordering one today.
Hollywood Plum Tree Pollination
Hollywood Plum Trees are not self-fertile. You will need to plant another variety to achieve fruiting. Below are the most effective pollinators we have chosen for your area...
Planting & Care
1. Planting: First, find an area with well-drained soil and full sun (6 to 8 hours of sunlight per day). Once you've selected your location, dig a hole that's approximately a foot and a half deep and equally as wide. Place your tree in the hole, tamp down the surrounding soil to remove air pockets, and then water to settle the roots. Finally, spread a layer of mulch over the soil around your tree to help encourage healthy growth and preserve moisture.
2. Watering: Water young trees heavily during the first growing season to help promote growth, then water regularly. Best to water deeply at the soil line, let the soil dry out slightly then water again. Do not let the soil become fully dry. Water well into the early autumn, to have good soil moisture through the winter.
3. Pruning: A year after planting your tree, prune in the late winter, while it's still dormant. Shape the tree to encourage horizontal branch growth with space between branches. Prune once a year as necessary to remove weak, drooping branches.
4. Fertilizing: Fertilize in the spring and midsummer using low-nitrogen fertilizer, applying 2 weeks after planting and 4 weeks after the first application. Use a complete fertilizer, such as 10-10-10, and apply 6 to 8 inches away from the trunk.
5. Location: Your location should include full sun and if possible, sheltered from excessive wind exposure. South or West facing spots out of the wind are best. Plums are tolerant of urban pollution issues and will do well in city environments. Avoid planting in low-lying areas where late spring frosts are more common.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $49||$19.95|
|$49 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||8-10 ft.|
|Mature Width:||8-10 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Prunus salicina x 'Hollywood'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AR,AZ,CA,ID,LA,WA|
|Grows Well In Zones:||5-9 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|