* Images shown are of mature plants
Cold-Hardy Japanese Plum with Juicy Fruit + Small Pit
Why Burgundy Plum Trees?
Delivering a huge, healthy harvest of juicy Japanese Plums with a small pit (meaning even more fruit for you), the Burgundy Plum Tree is the ideal choice for home gardeners.
Especially since it's one of the cold hardiest varieties available. And not only that - with the Burgundy Plum, you'll get a prolonged harvest. When you plant the Burgundy, you get the promise of months of plums.
The Burgundy provides a sweet, mild plum with virtually no tart flavor. In the first few seasons, you get fruit that's supermarket-quality, grown in your own backyard.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
When you order your Burgundy Plum from Fast Growing Trees, you'll get juicy plums in just a few years or sooner.
That’s because we’ve grown and nurtured your Burgundy Plum at our nursery from day one, so it’s ready to take off when it arrives at your door. Plus, unlike other nurseries and garden centers, we never ship bare root.
Order your own Burgundy Plum Tree today!
Burgundy Plum Tree Pollination
Burgundy Plum Trees are self-fertile. You will get fruit with only one plant. However, adding an additional Burgundy Plum Tree will drastically increase the size of your crop.
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Plant your Burgundy Plum in well-draining soil and in full to partial sun.
Dig a hole that is twice as wide but just as deep as the root ball. Place your tree, backfill your soil and water to settle the roots. Mulch the surrounding soil to conserve moisture.
2. Watering: You will not likely need to water your Burgundy Plum Tree unless you live in a very dry area with little irrigation. If you’re not sure when to water, check your surrounding soil about 3 inches down. If the soil is dry here, it’s time to water.
3. Fertilizing: During the first few years, you can add balanced fertilizer at the beginning of spring. However, it is not necessary to fertilize your tree once it begins to bear fruit.
4. Pruning: Your Burgundy Plum only requires light pruning in winter to get rid of dead branches. You can also do some additional pruning to lighten the branches or maintain a vase shape, but it is not necessary.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $125||$19.95|
|$125 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||10-15 ft.|
|Mature Width:||10-15 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Prunus salicina 'Burgundy'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AR,AZ,ID,LA,WA|
|Grows Well In Zones:||5-9 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 5-9 outdoors(hardy down to -10℉)
Customer Reviews & Photos
Burgundy Plum Tree
Tree arrived well packaged and in good condition. Planted the same day, just waiting for new growth and looking forward to getting fruit in the coming years
Healthy and doing great
Healthy and strong.. nut just a stick..an actual small tree!