* Images shown are of mature plants
Juicy, Robust Apricots as Soon as the First Year
Why Moorpark Apricot Trees?
Get sweet and juicy fruit as soon as the first year with your own Moorpark Apricot Tree. Known to produce the largest, sweetest apricots you'll ever taste, the Moorpark is a must. Especially since you won't find them in the grocery store.
If you enjoy baking cobblers or making jam, the Moorpark is the best. Can, dry or freeze to enjoy them all year - and feel good about snacking on a delicious treat that is loaded with Vitamin A, Vitamin C, and healthy antioxidants. And because they're tolerant of most soils and growing conditions, and it's self-fertile, there's no fuss (though more trees mean bigger harvests).
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
Your tree will produce fruit from July to late August, but you don't have to wait until then to benefit from the Moorpark Apricot. We've groomed and nurtured this tree so that when it arrives, it will be ready to perform the first spring.
Plus, your Moorpark is easy to grow since we've ensured it leaves our nursery with a healthier, more developed root system.
We carefully pack our trees to arrive in great condition, ready to thrive. Order now to enjoy your tree the first spring!
Moorpark Apricot Tree Pollination
Moorpark Apricot Trees are self-fertile. You will get fruit with only one plant. However, adding an additional Moorpark Apricot Tree will drastically increase the size of your crop.
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Full sun (6 to 8 hours of sun) and well-drained soil ensure your Moorpark Tree will thrive.
To plant, dig your hole shallower than the root ball and at least twice the width. After the hole is finished, loosen the soil in the planting hole so the roots can break through easily. Then, place your tree, backfill the soil and water to settle the roots.
2. Watering: Water about once weekly. However, if you get around an inch of rainfall every 10 days or so during the growing season, additional watering should be unnecessary.
If you’re not sure how much water the tree needs, check the soil about 2 or 3 inches down - if it's dry, it's time to water.
3. Fertilizer: If you’re planting during the fall season, wait until the spring to use fertilizer. With nutrient-rich soil, fertilizer is unnecessary until your tree begins bearing fruit. After fruiting starts, an application of high-nitrogen fertilizer is recommended.
4. Pruning: Prune each year during the dormant season. If you’re located in growing zones 6 or farther north, wait to prune your tree until the late winter. When you do prune, make sure you’re pruning in an 'open center' shape, which keeps the tree’s canopy open for light purposes.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $149||$19.95|
|$149 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||15-20 ft.|
|Mature Width:||10-20 ft.|
|Harvest Time:||July - August|
|Year to Bear:||Can Fruit 1st Year!|
|Botanical Name:||Prunus armeniaca|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ, AR, CA, ID, LA|
|Grows Well In Zones:||4-8 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 4-8 outdoors(hardy down to -30℉)
Customer Reviews & Photos
- soil moist
- replacement apricot
- fruit tree
Great service! Company
Wonderful I’m loving my tree thank you so much
My tree was healthy when received, soil moist and no damage or visible signs of stress
great product fast delivery
This tree arrived alive and so far it is still alive after being planted for a week.
can go back home again.
I chose the Moorpark apricot because it brings back memories of my childhood where we had a Moorpark apricot tree in our backyard and I remember spending countless hours in that tree. That's why and this is my experience using your product. Thank you very much!