Growing Zones: 5-8 outdoors(hardy down to -10℉)
This plant may not thrive in your area
- Mature Height:
- 15-20 ft.
- Mature Width:
- 8-15 ft.
- Full Sun
- Growth Rate:
- Harvest Time:
- Botanical Name:
- Prunus persica var. nucipersica
- Does Not Ship To:
- AZ, AR, CA, ID, LA, OR
Grow the Hardiest Nectarines Available!
Why Sunglo Nectarine Trees?
Sometimes called the Queen of the Nectarines, the Sunglo Nectarine is one of the best performing nectarine trees you can buy. With the Sunglo, you get larger, delicious fruit each season, cold hardy growth and showy pink blooms for visual interest in spring.
Whether you eat them fresh, freeze them for recipes or can them, you’ll enjoy your Sunglo Nectarines year over year. Especially since this self-fertile tree thrives without much care – you get huge harvests without a green thumb.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
Our Sunglo Nectarines are second to none because they’re ready to thrive and grow with best results, long before they arrive to your door. We’ve planted, monitored and nurtured your Sunglo with the utmost care. Because we’ve put in the extra work, grafted your Sunglos for consistent results, you don’t have to.
There’s a lot to love when it comes to the Sunglo Nectarine: Tons of home-grown peaches, cold hardy strength and hassle-free care. Order your Sunglo Nectarine Tree today!
Sunglo Nectarine Tree Pollination
Sunglo Nectarine Trees are self-fertile. You will get fruit with only one plant. However, adding an additional Sunglo Nectarine Tree will drastically increase the size of your crop.
Customer Reviews & Photos
It arrived perfectly fine...I have not seen any growth yet.
The tree is thriving
I'm impressed! The nectarine took root and we saw signs of growth immediately! We bought the root rocket stuff too so that probably helped
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Plant your Sunglo Nectarine tree in an area with well-draining soil that receives full sun (6 to 8 hours per day). Plant in a hole twice as wide and as deep as the root ball. After planting, cover the ground with a thick layer of mulch, but leave the area near the trunk bare.
2. Watering: Water deeply after planting to settle the roots. During the first few years, you might need to water weekly during the hottest months. Once established, water as needed during the growing season by simply checking the soil about 2 or 3 inches down - if the soil is dry here, it's time to water.
3. Fertilizing: After the second year, add a nitrogen-based fertilizer in the late spring or early summer.
4. Pruning: The best time to prune your Sunglo Nectarine is in its dormant season in winter. Leave one single leader trunk, and prune away any diseased or dead branches. To produce a bigger harvest, thin all crowded branches down to 6 inches apart.
Most items ship the next business day unless otherwise noted
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately, however some orders may ship in 1-2 business days (we do not ship on the weekends) from date of purchase. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
You can still order, but due to cold weather, we have delayed shipping to the areas shaded on the map below. We want your new plant to thrive right out of the box, so we will wait on shipping your order until the weather is ideal. This includes anyone in
Growing Zones 3 - 6. If you are unsure of your growing zone, visit our
Growing Zone Finder.
Some plants are not available for immediate shipment, and delayed delivery is noted.
We will resume normal shipping in the Spring. Please see the table below for your approximate ship date.
|Growing Zone||Shipping Resumes|
|Zones 3 & 4||Week of May 4th|
|Zone 5||Week of April 13th|
|Zone 6||Week of March 30th|
|Zones 7 - 11||Ships Now!|