* Images shown are of mature plants
My FGT Yard Planner
You'll need to log in or create an account in order to save this item
Have questions? Talk with our Plant Experts (800) 973-8959
Grow the Hardiest Nectarines Available!
Why Sunglo Nectarine Trees?
Sometimes called the Queen of the Nectarines, the Sunglo Nectarine is one of the best performing nectarine trees you can buy. With the Sunglo, you get larger, delicious fruit each season, cold hardy growth and showy pink blooms for visual interest in spring.
Whether you eat them fresh, freeze them for recipes or can them, you’ll enjoy your Sunglo Nectarines year over year. Especially since this self-fertile tree thrives without much care – you get huge harvests without a green thumb.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
Our Sunglo Nectarines are second to none because they’re ready to thrive and grow with best results, long before they arrive to your door. We’ve planted, monitored and nurtured your Sunglo with the utmost care. Because we’ve put in the extra work, grafted your Sunglos for consistent results, you don’t have to.
There’s a lot to love when it comes to the Sunglo Nectarine: Tons of home-grown peaches, cold hardy strength and hassle-free care. Order your Sunglo Nectarine Tree today!
Sunglo Nectarine Tree Pollination
Sunglo Nectarine Trees are self-fertile. You will get fruit with only one plant. However, adding an additional Sunglo Nectarine Tree will drastically increase the size of your crop.
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Plant your Sunglo Nectarine tree in an area with well-draining soil that receives full sun (6 to 8 hours per day). Plant in a hole twice as wide and as deep as the root ball. After planting, cover the ground with a thick layer of mulch, but leave the area near the trunk bare.
2. Watering: Water deeply after planting to settle the roots. During the first few years, you might need to water weekly during the hottest months. Once established, water as needed during the growing season by simply checking the soil about 2 or 3 inches down - if the soil is dry here, it's time to water.
3. Fertilizing: After the second year, add a nitrogen-based fertilizer in the late spring or early summer.
4. Pruning: The best time to prune your Sunglo Nectarine is in its dormant season in winter. Leave one single leader trunk, and prune away any diseased or dead branches. To produce a bigger harvest, thin all crowded branches down to 6 inches apart.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $129||$19.95|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||15-20 ft.|
|Mature Width:||8-15 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Prunus persica var. nucipersica 'Sunglo'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AR,AZ,CA,ID,LA,OR|
|Grows Well In Zones:||5-8 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 5-8 outdoors(hardy down to -10℉)
Customer Reviews & Photos
Ordered a sunglo but received a red gold instead. Called FGT and they quickly corrected the order. FGT generously let me keep the red gold too! What a pleasant surprise! I have dealt with this company many times and they always stand by their products and have wonderful trees. Both nectarine trees are doing well and both had fruit already growing on them when they were planted. FGT is a great company that has exceptional customer service! Buy from them, you won't regret it! Thanks FGT!!
Ordered a 5 - 6 ft. Sunglo Nectarine tree and was send a Red Gold instead. Needless to say I was a little disappointed when I say the mistake. I called FGT about my order. I was immediately sent another tree and was told I could keep the Red Gold too!! What a pleasant surprise! I have gotten a lot of trees from FGT over the past few years. They are, without a doubt, one of the best company's to deal with. Their staff is knowledgeable and always a pleasure to deal with! Plus their plants are always reasonable in price and healthy. Five thumbs up for FGT!
sungrow nectarine tree
great experience although the order was wrong and i was sent a cherry tree it was quickly corrected Nice job still have my fingers crossed whether these trees will grow they came to me in great condition
I love it so far it is doing well at the present time snd im looking forward to seeing if it grows in the near future
Great we have had lots of rain the tree is doing great.