* Images shown are of mature plants
My FGT Yard Planner
You'll need to log in or create an account in order to save this item
Have questions? Talk with our Plant Experts (800) 973-8959
Huge Early-Season Production of Sweet Freestone Fruit
Why Double Delight Nectarine Trees?
Consistently rated as one of the most delicious nectarine varieties available, the Double Delight lives up to its name, delivering flavorful fruit and an eye-catching ornamental favorite that's easy to grow.
A profusion of double pink blooms transition to dark, red-tinted freestone fruit. These sweet nectarines have an unusually rich flavor, making them ideal for baking and canning or eating fresh off the branches.
Plus, this heavy-bearing tree is self-fertile, meaning you don't need a ton of space to get a huge home-grown bounty of your own (though more trees mean even more fruit). This low-chill favorite is a prolific producer that bears fruit early, meaning a longer season of harvests.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
Your Double Delight Nectarine Tree has been growing in our greenhouse months before shipping so it arrives ready to thrive in your garden, giving you fruit sooner than other varieties.
Plus, you won't have to deal with high-maintenance care - in fact, you could get nectarines from our larger Double Delight Nectarine Trees as quickly as the first year.
Don't wait - order your Double Delight Nectarine today!
Double Delight Nectarine Tree Pollination
Double Delight Nectarine Trees are self-fertile. You will get fruit with only one plant. However, adding an additional Double Delight Nectarine Tree will drastically increase the size of your crop.
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Plant your nectarine tree in well-drained soil in a location where it will receive full sun (at least 6-8 hours of sunlight a day). Heavy winds and early frosts can damage the blossoms, so be sure to protect your tree by planting on the sunniest side of a building or your home.
From there, dig a hole twice as wide as the root ball and just as deep. Amend the soil around the hole with compost to ensure the tree has proper drainage.
2. Watering: Keep the soil around the tree moist but not saturated. Watering once a week by leaving a hose at the base of the tree for a few minutes is generally sufficient.
3. Fertilizing: After your tree has been in the ground for six weeks and the danger of frost has passed, apply a well-balanced fertilizer formula, such as 12-12-12.
4. Pruning: Prune the first two years in order to maintain an open center shape and encourage fruit production. Prune your tree in late winter or early spring using pruning shears and making your cuts at a 45-degree angle.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $129||$19.95|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||15-18 ft.|
|Mature Width:||12-15 ft.|
|Year to Bear:||Can Fruit the 1st Year!|
|Botanical Name:||Prunus persica var. neupersica 'Double Delight'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AR,AZ,ID,LA,OR,CA|
|Grows Well In Zones:||5-10 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 5-10 outdoors(hardy down to -10℉)
Customer Reviews & Photos
- replacement nectarine
Lots of leaves BUT
The tree arrived with lots of leaves and stems. However, all the leaves were yellowing and or turning a pale green. When I pulled the tree from its pot, it was VERY root bound. I called customer service which was excellent to work with. They had me send photos and scheduled a 30 day follow up call with me. Most of the leaves have fallen off in the wind now. I planted the tree, tossed the root ball, watered it and we will see.
Finally I have my tree
First tree sent was a peach I ordered a nectarine They sent a replacement nectarine and it died. The final one came in in great shape and is doing great after one month I would order from them again . My plum came in perfect and has established and has grown over two feet in three months I will have to trim it this fall it is over 8 ft tall now. Can not wait until next year to get plums from it.
Very nice quality tree
excellent and terrific company