* Images shown are of mature plants
The Frost Tolerant, Seedless Mandarin
Why Gold Nugget Mandarin Trees?
The Gold Nugget Mandarin Tree is a hybrid cross between two tangerine varieties: The Wilkling and Kincy. And because it's a hybrid tree, it offers the best of two separate plants, with upright, carefree growth and unique flavor.
Gold Nugget Mandarins look more like oranges. Most mandarins take on the typical tangerine appearance, with a small stature and orange-red peel. Named for their golden yellow-orange color and pebble-like rind, they’re closer to the size of an orange, made even better by the fact that they're seedless, easy to peel, disease resistant and even frost tolerant.
Plus, the Gold Nugget has been called the sweetest, juiciest mandarin of them all. So, not only are they a delicious snack any time of day, they’re great for juicing. And you’ll receive an abundance of fruit during an exceptionally long harvest season. In fact, the Gold Nugget Mandarin Trees start blooming as early as February or March, with the fruit holding on to the tree through July and August.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
Commercial grocery stores typically don’t carry mandarins because of their small size, but with our Gold Nugget Mandarin Tree, you'll have its exquisite taste in your own garden.
Imagine having your own vast supply of delicious Gold Nugget Mandarins. And the best part? Not only do we carry this second-to-none tree, but we also plant, grow and nurture it, long before shipping, so you get a healthier root system and more developed branching.
The only problem: They sell out quickly. Don't wait - get your own Gold Nugget Mandarin Tree today!
Gold Nugget Mandarin Tree Pollination
Gold Nugget Mandarin Trees are self-fertile. You will get fruit with only one plant. However, adding an additional Gold Nugget Mandarin Tree will drastically increase the size of your crop.
Planting & Care
1. Planting: When planting your Golden Nugget Mandarin, choose a location with full sun (6 to 8 hours of sunlight per day). and well-drained soil.
When you're ready to plant, select a container that's about twice the width of your plant's shipped container, use balanced potting soil, place your tree and backfill the soil. Mulch around the tree to retain moisture and water the area to settle the tree's roots.
If you're planting outside, the instructions are similar - dig a hole that's large enough to accommodate your tree's root ball, place your tree and backfill the soil. Mulch around the tree and then water to settle the tree's roots.
2. Watering: Your tree should be watered thoroughly once every 7 to 10 days. Rain will add to the moisture levels, so skip watering if you’ve had recent rain showers. You should not water the plant if the soil is wet within two inches from the surface level.
3. Fertilizing: Use a balanced fertilizer or citrus-specific blend, like the one included in our Citrus Care Kit, and ensure that the entire root system is covered when you apply. Follow the label instructions and fertilize your tree in spring and summer.
4. Pruning: Remove any suckers from the base, and remove dead, damaged or diseased areas. After your tree is done fruiting, prune during dormancy to allow light to penetrate the center.
FGT Tip: A humidifier can help add moisture back into the air and provide a more humid atmosphere for your plant during winter if you've brought your Gold Nugget indoors. If you don’t have a humidifier, you can mist your plant with water daily.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $49||$19.95|
|$49 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||8 ft. pruned|
|Mature Width:||8-12 ft.|
|Year to Bear:||2-3 years|
|Botanical Name:||Citrus reticulata|
|Does Not Ship To:||AL,AZ,CA,FL,GA,LA,OR,TX|
|Grows Well In Zones:||4-11 patio / 8-11 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|