* Images shown are of mature plants
My FGT Yard Planner
You'll need to log in or create an account in order to save this item
Have questions? Talk with our Plant Experts (800) 973-8959
The Tangelo Tree is Sweetness Defined
Why Tangelo Trees?
Easy to grow in your garden or on the patio, the Tangelo Tree is a must-have for those who want their own mini orchard. And it’s a reliable producer that will give you tons of sweet, juicy fruit…all effortlessly.
Plus, its easy-to-peel fruit is a favorite snack. You’ll get this fresh, home-grown snack without hassle since our Tangelo adapts well to a variety of planting conditions to provide healthful, organic taste.
So, if you love tangerines and grapefruits, this tree is for you. Combining the sweet and refreshing tastes of both fruit, the Tangelo Tree offers distinctive taste with the convenience of being seedless. Not only that – as a hybrid between both fruits, they're also juicier and more flavorful.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
With its ability to fight off the pests and diseases that commonly plague most citrus fruit trees, growing your Tangelo Tree organically is easy and hassle-free. Just imagine how much money you'll save when you skip shopping at the organic market.
But the best part of all is that we’ve nurtured your Tangelo Tree, from planting to growing and shipping. Because we’ve put in the extra work at our nursery, you’ll get a proven performer in your landscape…and fresh fruit for years to come.
Get the sweet taste and benefits of our Tangelo today…get your own Tangelo Tree!
Tangelo Tree Pollination
Tangelo Trees are not self-fertile. You will need to plant another variety to achieve fruiting. Below are the most effective pollinators we have chosen for your area...
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Choose a location where your tree is going to get plenty of sunlight, around 6 to 8 hours of sun per day. They can tolerate some shade but thrive in full sun and well-drained soil.
When you're ready to plant your Tangelo, dig a hole twice as wide and just as deep as the root system. Place the tree in the hole and backfill your soil, and water for about five minutes. Mulching around the tree will help insulate the roots and keep your plant warm in the colder winter months as well.
If you're container planting, choose a pot slightly larger than the shipped container, with plenty of holes in the bottom to allow for drainage. Then, place your tree, backfill with balanced potting soil, and leave about an inch from the soil surface to the rim of the pot for easy watering.
Finally, place your tree in an area of your home, preferably a south-facing window, where it is going to get plenty of sunlight.
2. Watering: After watering about once or twice weekly, allow the top 2 to 3 inches of the soil to dry out completely before watering again.
For potted Tangelos, stick your index finger into the soil down to about 2 inches. If there is moisture present, hold off on watering until it feels drier at that depth. When you do water your Tangelo, stop once you see it escaping the drainage holes at the base of the pot.
3. Fertilizing: Feed your Tangelo Tree during the warmer spring and summer seasons with a citrus specific fertilizer, like the one included in our Citrus Care Kit, once every six weeks. During the fall and winter, fertilize once every 2 to 3 months. Once the tree has matured a bit, you can skip the cold season fertilization. Make sure to follow your fertilizer's application instructions.
4. Pruning: Make 45-degree angle cuts to remove dead or crossing limbs and also to thin out the tree to allow more light to flow between the branches. After the tree fruits, remove any dead wood and ventilate the center of the tree. Remove suckers as they form/grow from the base as well. Pruning can be done at any time of the year for the potted Tangelo and any time of year for the in-ground Tangelo, aside from winter.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $129||$19.95|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||8-12 ft.|
|Mature Width:||6-8 ft.|
|Harvest Time:||January - March|
|Year to Bear:||Can Fruit the 1st year!|
|Botanical Name:||Citrus x tangelo|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ, AL, CA, FL, GA, LA, TX, OR|
|Grows Well In Zones:||4-11 patio / 8-11 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 4-11 patio / 8-11 outdoors(hardy down to 20℉)
Customer Reviews & Photos
I'm growing tangelos!
The tree was a very nice size and healthy. I didn't see any flowers on the tree, but several flowers were in the packing box. Not sure if it was these or my other tree. But the tree is getting potted this weekend!
The quality and health of the trees looked wonderful, and they were here very quickly
First Time Buyer Here
Plants were shipped in a timely manner and arrived just days after my order. Well packed and the two Tangelo trees were healthy and happily! I’m very pleased with my transaction and will order again plus recommend.
What a great looking Tangelo Tree
I received my Tangelo tree along with another tree i ordered and they arrived packed perfectly absolutely no damage... not 1 leaf missing.. i followed the planting directions and potted the two trees and they are in my office doing well for the winter months. Cant wait for summer to arrive to start seeing them grow and produce fruit!!
Big and beatiful