* Images shown are of mature plants
|Mature Height:||15-20 ft. unpruned|
|Mature Width:||8-10 ft.|
|Year to Bear:||Can Fruit the 1st Year!|
|Botanical Name:||Citrus x paradise 'Ruby Red'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ, CA, FL, GA, LA, TX|
|Grows Well In Zones:||4-11 patio / 8-11 outdoors|
|You are in Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 4-11 patio / 8-11 outdoors(hardy down to 20℉)
Seedless, Sweet, and Healthy Home-Grown Fruit
Why Ruby Red Grapefruit Trees?
The Ruby Red is America's favorite grapefruit. If you enjoy the flavor and health benefits of grapefruit but dread the tedious work of cutting it up and removing the seeds, then you'll love this grapefruit tree. The fruit is seedless, easy to peel, prepare and enjoy...especially since you can now harvest right from home.
Plus, it grows when many other varieties are dormant. You'll get an abundance of sweet grapefruits during the winter months. And the Ruby Red Tree is amazingly fruitful, rewarding you with a lifetime of plump, seedless citrus. When grown as a potted patio plant, it will thrive anywhere in the country. Simply bring it indoors during the cold months, and make sure you put it near a sunny window.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
This fast grower is easy to own, with no pest or disease problems. So, you'll start your day with a healthy dose of home-grown vitamin C, potassium, and fiber for breakfast, baking or snacking right from the branches.
And the best part is that our Ruby Red Grapefruit Trees are groomed and nurtured at our nursery, so when they're delivered to you...they can produce fruit the very first year, hassle-free.
Order your Ruby Red Grapefruit now to get the delicious, easy-growing benefits for yourself!
Ruby Red Grapefruit Tree Pollination
Ruby Red Grapefruit Trees are self-fertile. You will get fruit with only one plant. However, adding an additional Ruby Red Grapefruit Tree will drastically increase the size of your crop.
Planting & Care
1. Planting: For your Ruby Red, choose a location with well-drained soil and plenty of sunlight - about 6 to 8 hours of sunlight per day.
When you're ready to plant, select a container that's about twice the width of the shipped container and one with drainage holes. From there, fill your pot halfway with soil, place your tree, and then backfill the rest with soil, leaving about one or two inches at the top. Finally, water your plant to settle the roots.
2. Watering: Be sure to water your tree regularly for its first year once each week and more frequently during the hot season and periods of extended drought.
After the first year, the tree’s roots will become a bit more established and you can reduce watering to once every two weeks.
A good way to indicate when you need to water is by using your index finger. Stick it into the pot and feel around for moisture - if there is still some present in the soil, hold off on watering. If it feels like it is drying out on the top couple inches, water just enough until you see it escaping the drainage holes and stop.
3. Fertilizing: Container-grown Ruby Red Trees will require a well-balanced fertilizer formula specialized for growing citrus, such as the one included in our Citrus Care Kit. This formula already contains all of the micronutrients that the tree will need. Feed the trees regularly, but be sure to follow the directions on the fertilizer’s packaging.
The typical time frame for container-grown citrus is to start in February and provide fertilizer once every 4 to 6 weeks until September.
4. Pruning: Remove suckers as they appear by pinching them off of the tree or using a sterilized pair of cutters to remove them. You can easily sterilize your tool(s) by wiping them with a household rubbing alcohol. Prune off any dead or damaged branches in the early spring after the threat of frosts has passed.
5. Pollination: Our Ruby Red Grapefruit Trees are self-fertile, but you can pollinate your indoor trees by hand using a small, dry, fine-tipped paintbrush. Swirl the brush around the center of each bloom and collect the pollen on the brush. Go to the next bloom and repeat the process until every bloom has been treated, and repeat the process daily. Don’t wash the paintbrush until after the blooms have been pollinated. The blooms will fall and the fruit will begin to form.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
|$149 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
Customer Reviews & Photos
- grapefruit tree
We are very happy with our grapefruit tree so far it has been two weeks since we have received our tree in the mail. And it have grown a few more leaves, and it is really green and full looking for it to be a young tree. Can’t wait to see how the following months go with it growth.
My experience with fast growing trees The first ruby red grapefruit tree sadly didn’t make it I received it in poor shape and it was dead in three days the team at Fast green trees immediately sent me a second tree when It got here it’s in much better shape and I think it will make it I am very satisfied with this company
I really am enjoying my grapefruit tree. It came healthy and is growing well. I hope soon to enjoy some fruit from it. Great experience. Easy to shop. Tree came in good time and in great shape.