Growing Zones: 4-11 patio / 8-11 outdoors(hardy down to 20℉) 4-11 patio / 8-11 outdoors
- Mature Height:
- 15-20 ft. unpruned
- Mature Width:
- 8-10 ft.
- Growth Rate:
- Harvest Time:
- Year to Bear:
- Can Fruit the 1st Year!
- Botanical Name:
- Citrus x paradise 'Ruby Red'
- Does Not Ship To:
- AZ, CA, FL, LA, TX
Don't Buy Bare-Root Trees (learn why below)
Seedless, Sweet, and Healthy Home-Grown Fruit
Why Ruby Red Grapefruit Trees?
The Ruby Red is America's favorite grapefruit. If you enjoy the flavor and health benefits of grapefruit but dread the tedious work of cutting it up and removing the seeds, then you'll love this grapefruit tree. The fruit is seedless, easy to peel, prepare and enjoy...especially since you can now harvest right from home.
Plus, it grows when many other varieties are dormant. You'll get an abundance of sweet grapefruits during the winter months. And the Ruby Red Tree is amazingly fruitful, rewarding you with a lifetime of plump, seedless citrus. When grown as a potted patio plant, it will thrive anywhere in the country. Simply bring it indoors during the cold months, and make sure you put it near a sunny window.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
This fast grower is easy to own, with no pest or disease problems. So, you'll start your day with a healthy dose of home-grown vitamin C, potassium, and fiber for breakfast, baking or snacking right from the branches.
And the best part is that our Ruby Red Grapefruit Trees are groomed and nurtured at our nursery, so when they're delivered to you...they can produce fruit the very first year, hassle-free.
Order your Ruby Red Grapefruit now to get the delicious, easy-growing benefits for yourself!
Ruby Red Grapefruit Tree Pollination
Ruby Red Grapefruit Trees are self-fertile. You will get fruit with only one plant. However, adding an additional Ruby Red Grapefruit Tree will drastically increase the size of your crop.
Customer Reviews & Photos
Ruby red grapefruit
The ruby red grapefruit came with fruit on the tree. I have ordered a lot of trees from them. Highly recommend to everybody fast growing trees. Fast shipping and reliable. Thank you very much
Just Received a New Planting
I don't have any fruit photos to share yet because I just received the young planting. I've got a while to go before my plant bears fruit. With the plant I received a "Dormant Leaves" notice which is apparently typical this time of year. Wish me luck!
Great Tree and great customer service
I totally recommend buying from this company and this tree.... Someone must have stolen it when it arrived (the post office said it was delivered but it wasn't anywhere to be found) I called customer service and they quickly sent another tree. It came healthy with fruits already growing... It continues to grow and is healthy..
Ordered the plant in November as website indicated that it was an appropriate time to do so. I have a greenhouse so planned to place it in there. When plant arrived it was clear that it had probably sat in an unheated delivery warehouse or truck as it was showing signs that it may have frozen. Upon receipt I immediately replanted it and placed it in the greenhouse. Over the next month it dropped all leaves and was just a stick standing out of the pot. This spring I notice some new buds down below on the stalk (the upper part of the stock was dead). As of this writing the buds have sprouted and are about 1 inch long. I suspect I won't see much this year and am hoping that it will eventually leaf out and again hopefully will bear fruit at some point. It would seem that there should be shipment restrictions to either delay deliveries to colder climates to a more appropriate time of the year or ensure that the plants are shipped in a warm enough environment so that they don't freeze.
Healthy and strong
The tree is gorgeous - hopefully we will see fruit this year! My one year old loves grapefruit so we're excited to grow our own more naturally than store bought fruit!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: For your Ruby Red, choose a location with well-drained soil and plenty of sunlight - about 6 to 8 hours of sunlight per day.
When you're ready to plant, select a container that's about twice the width of the shipped container and one with drainage holes. From there, fill your pot halfway with soil, place your tree, and then backfill the rest with soil, leaving about one or two inches at the top. Finally, water your plant to settle the roots.
2. Watering: Be sure to water your tree regularly for its first year once each week and more frequently during the hot season and periods of extended drought.
After the first year, the tree’s roots will become a bit more established and you can reduce watering to once every two weeks.
A good way to indicate when you need to water is by using your index finger. Stick it into the pot and feel around for moisture - if there is still some present in the soil, hold off on watering. If it feels like it is drying out on the top couple inches, water just enough until you see it escaping the drainage holes and stop.
3. Fertilizing: Container-grown Ruby Red Trees will require a well-balanced fertilizer formula specialized for growing citrus, such as the one included in our Citrus Care Kit. This formula already contains all of the micronutrients that the tree will need. Feed the trees regularly, but be sure to follow the directions on the fertilizer’s packaging.
The typical time frame for container-grown citrus is to start in February and provide fertilizer once every 4 to 6 weeks until September.
4. Pruning: Remove suckers as they appear by pinching them off of the tree or using a sterilized pair of cutters to remove them. You can easily sterilize your tool(s) by wiping them with a household rubbing alcohol. Prune off any dead or damaged branches in the early spring after the threat of frosts has passed.
5. Pollination: Our Ruby Red Grapefruit Trees are self-fertile, but you can pollinate your indoor trees by hand using a small, dry, fine-tipped paintbrush. Swirl the brush around the center of each bloom and collect the pollen on the brush. Go to the next bloom and repeat the process until every bloom has been treated, and repeat the process daily. Don’t wash the paintbrush until after the blooms have been pollinated. The blooms will fall and the fruit will begin to form.
Most items ship the next business day unless otherwise noted
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately, however some orders may ship in 1-2 business days (we do not ship on the weekends) from date of purchase. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|