* Images shown are of mature plants
Most Highly-Rated Nectarine Available
Why Flavortop Nectarine Trees?
Save money and get fresher fruit with your own Flavortop Nectarine Tree. Living up to its name, Flavortop Nectarines are truly delicious! And though they're expensive if you get them from your local market or grocery store, growing your own will save you a considerable amount of money each year...especially since this tree will be with you for generations.
The flavor is out of this world. Be prepared for a drastic difference in flavor than what you're used to. Commercially-grown nectarines are usually harvested too early in an effort to prevent bruising during shipping to your local grocer. That process stunts the natural course to juiciness that can be reached at its peak. Grow these on your own and experience the best nectarine you've ever had!
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
The reason our Flavortop Trees are so popular? Now, you should expect to pick tree-ripened, firm, fiery red and aromatic nectarines.
We've done the work ahead of time, grafting your Flavortop so that it combines the best benefits into one package. And when you order your Flavortop Nectarine Tree from Fast Growing Trees, you get faster fruit, healthier roots and better branching from day one.
Unlike other retailers, we never ship bare-root. That means your Flavortop arrives in nutrient-rich soil, grown for months ahead of time.
But hurry - our customers love the Flavortop, so it sells out quickly. Order yours today, while supplies last!
Flavortop Nectarine Tree Pollination
Flavortop Nectarine Trees are self-fertile. You will get fruit with only one plant. However, adding an additional Flavortop Nectarine Tree will drastically increase the size of your crop.
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Plant your Flavortop in well-drained soil in a location where it will receive full sun (6 to 8 hours of sunlight a day). Heavy winds and early frosts can damage the blossoms, so be sure to protect your tree by planting on the sunniest side of a building or your home.
Dig a hole twice as wide as the root ball and just as deep. Amend the soil around the hole with compost to ensure the tree has proper drainage. Place your tree inside the hole, making sure it is sitting straight. Cover the roots with soil, watering occasionally as you go along to remove any air pockets. Mulch around the base to conserve soil moisture.
2. Watering: Keep the soil around the tree moist. Typically, watering once a week by leaving a hose at the base of the tree for about 20 or 30 minutes is sufficient. Once the soil around the tree has dried, water the tree again.
3. Fertilizing: After your tree has been in the ground for 6 weeks and the danger of frost has passed, apply a well-balanced fertilizer formula, such as 12-12-12.
4. Pruning: Your tree will need to be pruned in the first two years in order to maintain an open center shape and encourage fruit production. Prune your tree in late winter or early spring using pruning shears and make your cuts at a 45-degree angle.
FGT Tip: Once your tree begins to fruit, thin your branches out to allow each 8 inches of space between the nectarines.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $49||$19.95|
|$49 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||12-15 ft.|
|Mature Width:||10-15 ft.|
|Harvest Time:||June to August|
|Year to Bear:||Can Fruit the 1st Year!|
|Botanical Name:||prunus persica var. neupersica 'Flavortop'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AR,AZ,CA,ID,LA,OR|
|Grows Well In Zones:||5-9 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|