* Images shown are of mature plants
|Mature Height:||6-8 ft.|
|Mature Width:||6-8 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Syringa pubescens 'Miss Kim'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ|
|Grows Well In Zones:||4-8 outdoors|
|You are in Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 4-8 outdoors(hardy down to -20℉)
Fragrant, Colorful Lilac + Changing Blooms
Why Miss Kim Lilac Shrubs?
The Miss Kim Lilac, also known as Manchurian Lilac, is known for its intoxicating and delightful fragrance. If you've experienced it once, you'll most likely recognize the scent when you come across one of these shrubs for the rest of your life.
The Miss Kim Lilac is a true conversation piece. Plant it in your garden or use it as a low hedge along your driveway or sidewalk. Line multiples for a striking display of color that doubles as a beautiful privacy screen. You can even clip them and bring them inside. No matter where you plant, its prolific blooms make a yard-of-the-month statement.
And it changes color. You'll get heavily clustered lilacs in lavender-blue around May. Mid to late summer brings pale pink blooms that still deliver a delightful scent through the air. It's as equally impressive in autumn as the bright green foliage changes to dark purple. Throughout the year, your Miss Kim will stand out against the rest.
Even better? The Miss Kim Lilac Shrub is easy to grow. Some southern states have trouble growing Lilacs, but the Miss Kim Lilac is not a problem. Growing to the perfect mature height and thriving in cold or hot climates, the Miss Kim is a tough shrub that looks unbelievably elegant.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
The best part of your Miss Kim Lilac is that we've planted, grown and meticulously monitored this variety for best results at our nursery...now, you reap the rewards of our hard work.
Your Miss Kim Lilac arrives at your door with a healthier root system, more developed growth, and bigger blooms than ever before. You won't get the same experience from your local big-box garden center.
Don't go another season without this iconic shrub. Get your own Miss Kim Lilac Shrub today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: These plants can tolerate full sun to partial shade. In warmer climates, they prefer to be planted in afternoon shade to help protect them from the hot sun. Ensure your Miss Kim is planted in an area with well-drained soil and at least 4 hours of sunlight daily.
After choosing your area, dig a hole that is twice as wide and just as deep as the container that the plant arrives in. Place your shrub in the hole so that the top of the soil is even with the surrounding soil level. Backfill and tamp the soil well when done to eliminate air pockets. Water well when done and cover the area with mulch to protect the roots and help them conserve moisture.
2. Watering: Lilacs like moist but not wet soil, so they will need to be watered regularly while establishing. They’ll need water once or twice a week (sometimes more in extreme heat). Allow the soil to dry 1 to 2 inches down before watering again.
3. Fertilizing: Fertilize lilacs in early spring before bloom with a well-balanced fertilizer to encourage growth and blooms. A 10-10-10 or all-purpose shrub fertilizer will be adequate.
4. Pruning: Lilacs do not need much pruning except to remove damaged or crossing branches. Remove faded or spent flowers immediately to increase the number of flowers the following season.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
|$149 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
Customer Reviews & Photos
I love the Miss Kim Shrubs I purchases. I have planted them and can't wait till next year when they will be covered in beautiful blooms.
It arrived a little sleepy, seems to be doing fine in the ground. Old growth leaves fell off but new leaves are growing. I am looking forward to seeing it next spring!!
excellent! arrived in good time, in excellent shape. thank you!!
Arrived very healthy with plenty of leaves and new growth.