* Images shown are of mature plants
Delicious Apricot Harvests, Even After Frosts & Rain
Why Wenatchee Apricot Trees?
Also known as the Wenatchee Moorpark Apricot, this prolific producer delivers a bounty of fresh, juicy apricots every year...even after unpredictable spring frosts and heavy rain.
Despite tough weather conditions, our larger varieties can fruit as soon as the first season in your yard. The Wenatchee's white, fragrant springtime blossoms will give way to a robust, heavy harvest of delectable apricots. So, you get unmatched ornamental value plus the promise of free home-grown fruit, right from your backyard.
Large, tasty apricots arrive each season, right on schedule. This variety is particularly well-suited for drying and home canning or eating right from the branches. And though the semi-dwarf Wenatchee is self-fertile (making it ideal for gardens with tight spaces), it's perfect for pollinating with the Puget Gold for even more fruit.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
Your tree will produce fruit from July to late August...and with our larger sizes, you could get fruit the first year. We've groomed and nurtured this tree so that when it arrives, it will be ready to perform the first season.
Plus, your Wenatchee is easy to grow since we've ensured it leaves our nursery with a healthier, more developed root system.
We carefully pack our trees to arrive in great condition, ready to thrive. Order your Apricot Tree now to enjoy your fruit the first summer!
Wenatchee Apricot Tree Pollination
Wenatchee Apricot Trees are self-fertile. You will get fruit with only one plant. However, adding an additional Wenatchee Apricot Tree will drastically increase the size of your crop.
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Full to partial sun (4 to 6 hours of sun) and well-drained soil ensure your tree will thrive.
To plant, dig your hole shallower than the root ball and at least twice the width. After the hole is finished, loosen the soil in the planting hole so the roots can break through easily. Then, place your tree, backfill the soil and water to settle the roots.
2. Watering: Water about once weekly. However, if you get around an inch of rainfall every 10 days or so during the growing season, additional watering should be unnecessary.
If you’re not sure how much water the tree needs, check the soil about 2 or 3 inches down - if it's dry, it's time to water.
3. Fertilizer: If you’re planting during the fall season, wait until the spring to use fertilizer. With nutrient-rich soil, fertilizer is unnecessary until your tree begins bearing fruit. After fruiting starts, an application of high-nitrogen fertilizer is recommended.
4. Pruning: Prune each year during the dormant season. If you’re located in growing zones 6 or farther north, wait to prune your tree until the late winter. When you do prune, make sure you’re pruning in an 'open center' shape, which keeps the tree’s canopy open for light purposes.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $129||$19.95|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||12-18 ft.|
|Mature Width:||15-20 ft.|
|Year to Bear:||Can Fruit 1st Year!|
|Botanical Name:||Prunus armeniaca 'Wenatchee'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AR,AZ,CA,ID,LA|
|Grows Well In Zones:||5-9 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 5-9 outdoors(hardy down to -10℉)
Customer Reviews & Photos
- fruit trees
The tree arrived timely, the tree appeared in good shape, expected for the tree to have more foliage
Came very healthy, and is thriving,,very happy with my Apricot tree
Came fast, great packaging, lush tree
I've ordered several trees from different places, and this by far was the most well cared for tree in packaging that I have ever seen. I am a little concerned that a lot of the roots were missing. I cannot speak to how well the tree will survive. The deer sure did love it! We will see how it does as it grows.
Great. U guys do a great job the way u package these plants for shipping. I have already recommended u to several people
FAST GROWING TREE.
Great ,always no hassle.My only stor for Panama fruit trees.