* Images shown are of mature plants
A Sweet Tree Perfect for Any Yard!
The Flavor King Pluot tree bears scrumptious, sweet fruit that’s a combination of apricots and plums. Perfect for any home or garden, this lovely tree with its Japanese plum-like leaves will transform any landscape - with the added benefit f fruit to enjoy!
Growing just twelve to twenty feet tall at maturity, you can easily find space for this tree in your garden, yard, or even patio. You can even further prune the tree to suit your size requirements. Since it bears tons of healthy, flavorful fruit, you'll be able to share with friends and neighbors, or plant it somewhere just for you!
This tree will need full sun and well-draining soil. Once established, however, the Flavor King Pluot is low-maintenance and easy to grow. Plus, it does well in many southern climates, with fruit maturing in mid- to late August.
Though it does require another pollinator, such as other Plum or Pluot trees, the fruit from your Flavor King will typically stay ripe on the tree for a few weeks after maturation. With such a versatile taste, it’s great for sweet and savory treats alike, making it the perfect addition to your edible garden.
If you’re considering adding a fruit tree to your space, this may be the perfect one for you! Buy the Flavor King Pluot now so you can taste this unique fruit for yourself.
Why FastGrowingTrees.com is Better
When you order your Flavor King Pluot from FastGrowingTrees.com, you'll get juicy fruit and a tree that's ready to thrive in your backyard orchard.
That’s because we’ve grown and nurtured your Flavor King at our nursery from day one, so it’s ready to take off when it arrives at your door. Plus, unlike other nurseries and garden centers, we never ship bare root.
When it comes to creating a mini orchard in your garden, the Flavor King has it all. Get yours today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Plant your Flavor King Pluot in well-draining soil and in an area with 6 to 8 hours of sunlight per day, in proximity to another early-blooming plum tree for pollination.
Dig a hole that is twice as wide but just as deep as the root ball. Place your tree, backfill your soil and water to settle the roots. Mulch the surrounding soil to conserve moisture.
2. Watering: Be sure to water the just-planted tree well during its first two years with deep regular watering, but not completely soggy soil. Once established, the tree needs less watering but still requires deep watering during low-rainfall periods.
3. Fertilizing: Fertilize with a balanced fertilizer (such as 10-10-10) in the spring and fall. To conserve moisture and prevent weeds, give the tree a layer of mulch.
4. Pruning: This moderately spreading tree can be pruned to reduce size.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $129||$19.95|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||12-20 ft.|
|Mature Width:||12-20 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Prunus x 'Flavor King'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AR,AZ,ID,LA,WA,CA|
|Grows Well In Zones:||5-9 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|