Growing Zones: 5-9 outdoors(hardy down to -10℉) 5-9 outdoors
- Mature Height:
- 4-6 ft.
- Mature Width:
- 4-6 ft.
- Part Shade/Part Sun (Zones 6-9) Full Sun (Zones 5-6)
- Growth Rate:
- Botanical Name:
- Hydrangea serrata 'Bluebird'
- Does Not Ship To:
Sea-Blue Lacecap Blooms + Red Fall Foliage
Why Bluebird Hydrangea Shrubs?
Spectacular lacecap blooms in rich, sea-blue color emerge in early summer, even on old wood, setting the Bluebird Hydrangea apart. Attractive reddish fall foliage offers a perfect contrast, making the Bluebird the ideal accent shrub for borders and beyond.
Even better? The Bluebird doesn't require constant maintenance. Named its large blooms in a bold blue tone, the Bluebird merges carefree growth with eye-catching leaves, sapphire blooms, and enduring color.
And missed waterings aren't a problem. When it comes to the Bluebird, you'll have a gorgeous accent shrub, entryway container plant, or stunning border that thrives on neglect. No matter where you plant it, the Bluebird makes a statement.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
We’ve nurtured and hand-picked your Bluebird Hydrangea for best growth.
Now, because we've put in the hard work at the nursery, you get a proven performer that takes your curb appeal to the next level. And unlike other big-box retailers or local nurseries, we don't ship bare-root.
So, you Bluebird has better roots, bigger blooms, and bolder color delivered right to your door.
We’ve done the extra work to cultivate the best Bluebird Hydrangea possible. And you won't have to lift a finger to get the best yard on the block. Order your own Bluebird Hydrangea today!
Customer Reviews & Photos
Planting & Care
1. Planting: First, choose an area with full sun to partial shade for your Bluebird Hydrangea (simply shield it from excessive afternoon sun). The Bluebird grows easily in organically-rich soil that’s somewhat moist but well-drained and acidic. However, it thrives in most soil types and prefers summer mulch.
To plant your Bluebird Hydrangea, dig a hole deep enough to cover its root ball. After placing your plant, tamp down the soil while backfilling to avoid air pockets. Water your Bluebird to settle the soil that surrounds the roots.
2. Watering: Water deeply and regularly during the first full growing season so that your Bluebird Hydrangea’s root system becomes well-established. To test when and how much to water, check the top 2 to 3 inches of soil – if it’s dry, it’s time to water until it’s moist but not oversaturated. During times of drought, the Bluebird should be watered twice weekly instead of once weekly.
3. Fertilizing: Fertilize your Bluebird Hydrangea regularly during the growing season.
4. Pruning: Prune if needed immediately after flowering. Any winter-damaged stems may be pruned in early spring.
Most items ship the next business day unless otherwise noted
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately, however some orders may ship in 1-2 business days (we do not ship on the weekends) from date of purchase. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
|$119 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
You can still order, but due to cold weather, we have delayed shipping to the areas shaded on the map below. We want your new plant to thrive right out of the box, so we will wait on shipping your order until the weather is ideal. This includes anyone in
Growing Zones 3 & 4. If you are unsure of your growing zone, visit our
Growing Zone Finder.
Some plants are not available for immediate shipment, and delayed delivery is noted.
We will resume normal shipping in the Spring. Please see the table below for your approximate ship date.
|Growing Zone||Shipping Resumes|
|Zones 3 & 4||Week of May 4th|
|Zones 5 - 11||Ships Now!|