* Images shown are of mature plants
My FGT Yard Planner
You'll need to log in or create an account in order to save this item
Have questions? Talk with our Plant Experts (800) 973-8959
Delicious Mangosteen-Like Fruit in Any Zone
Why Achacha Fruit Trees?
Exotic growth with a delectable taste that's second to none - the Achacha is in a league of its own, especially since it's an abundant producer, both in containers and in the ground.
That means the Achacha can be grown anywhere in the country, effortlessly. And they can tolerate brief temperature drops down to 30 degrees once they're established. In colder areas, simply bring the tree indoors for the winter. It quickly grows to a manageable size - reaching 20 feet when planted outdoors but only about five feet when grown in a container.
Plus, with good looks and great taste, indoor growth is highly desirable. This exotic tree has vibrant green leaves and an aromatic scent that will enhance space - the perfect contrast against its vivid, vibrant orange-red hue.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
Your medium to large fruit, similar to delectable (but expensive!) mangosteens found in supermarkets, may be ready for harvesting from late June to July in its first year of growth.
Basically, you can save thousands of dollars and tons of time with the Achacha - order your own today!
Achacha Fruit Tree Pollination
Achacha Fruit Trees are self-fertile. You will get fruit with only one plant. However, adding an additional Achacha Fruit Tree will drastically increase the size of your crop.
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Direct sunlight and lots of warmth are an Achacha Fruit Tree’s best friend. When choosing a location, whether in a container or in the ground, try to choose a place with the most hours of sunlight possible. If the container will be indoors, place it near a window. When choosing a location in the ground, avoid low areas or areas that tend to flood.
Once you have chosen the best spot for your tree, dig a hole that’s three times as wide as the pot your tree came in and just as deep. Position your tree in the hole, and make sure that it’s level with the surrounding ground, and that it is standing straight up. Backfill the hole and tamp down with your hands as you go to avoid any air pockets from forming.
For indoor planting, select a pot that has multiple drainage holes in the bottom and is two sizes bigger than the shipped container. Use organic soil mix, place your tree, then select a sunny spot for it to grow.
2. Watering: For the first 6 weeks after planting, water only once every three days. After that, you can back off to once a week and then every two weeks over the winter. During the hot months of summer, your tree may need a bit more water than over the spring or fall.
3. Fertilizing: The best fertilizer is a natural, organic one with mycorrhizal fungi and beneficial bacteria.
4. Pruning: Your goal when pruning should be to form an open crown so that light and air can penetrate to the middle of the tree. This will reduce the risk of fungus and diseases.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $129||$19.95|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||15-20 ft. (5 ft. indoors)|
|Mature Width:||10-15 ft. (3 ft. indoors)|
|Year to Bear:||Can Fruit the 1st Year!|
|Botanical Name:||Garcinia humilis|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ|
|Grows Well In Zones:||4-11 patio / 9-11 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 4-11 patio / 9-11 outdoors(hardy down to 30℉)
Customer Reviews & Photos
Extremely cold sensitive
The tree arrived healthy during the summer. During the winter it was placed in the greenhouse. It couldn't take the cold temp that sometimes went down to 25°. It died because of the freeze. This summer I started seeing new life emerging slowly but surely. It will take a long while to get it to 2ft again.
We're so sorry that your tree didn't do well! This is a tropical tree that prefers heat and humidity and is cold hardy down to 30 degrees.
tree came in great condition!
Árbol de Achacha
Bellísimas y saludables. Súper recomendado este sitio para comprar cualquier planta. De verdad espectacular y súper responsable con sus productosf y los clientes. Gracias por existir
Great customer support/ service
This company has outstanding customer service. No problem too big or small , highly recommend.