* Images shown are of mature plants
|Mature Height:||2-3 ft.|
|Mature Width:||3-4 ft.|
|Year to Bear:||Can Fruit the 1st Year!|
|Botanical Name:||Rubus idaeus 'NR7' PP 22,141 CPBR 4,580|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ|
|Grows Well In Zones:||5-9 outdoors|
|You are in Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 5-9 outdoors(hardy down to -10℉)
Compact Raspberry Bush is Perfect for Containers
Pick Large Amounts of Delicious Raspberries from a Giant Bush.
Here's the problem with raspberries... they grow on long, skinny canes that need to be supported on trellises and spaced out in order to get a decent crop. They have thorns that make them tough to pick and some varieties make you wait an entire extra year because they can only produce on mature canes.
The Bushel and Berry® Raspberry Shortcake® solves all these problems. It grows in a dense bush form that can give you more fruit than a small row of lanky canes. It thrives in a container or the ground, producing fruit on thick new growth. You get a great crop year after year without the work or hassle.
This is an exceptional tasting raspberry. It's full size with a great texture. They named it shortcake because of how sweet it is. Around July, your bushes start to look like small fruit factories... pumping out bright red berries against that lush green backdrop. You can pick for weeks and never have to worry about thorns.
Your bush grows about 3 ft. tall. Ideal for a back deck, where you can walk out each morning and pick fresh raspberries for your breakfast. The larger your container, the larger your plant will grow. But if you really want to get creative... this is a bright looking shrub. Plant them on each side of your front entrance or even as a foundation hedge. In the fall you will start seeing your leaves turning autumn colors. Plant several for a hedge that will give you enough berries to freeze throughout the year as well as share with friends and family.
This is a real problem solver that you will see more of in a few years. We are one of a few nurseries that are able to offer the Raspberry Shortcake®. Your bushes will arrive with a well-developed root mass and cane structure that is ready to explode with new growth. These large sizes will likely sell out quickly for the year. We suggest you order while they are still available.
Bushel and Berry® Raspberry Shortcake® Bush Pollination
Bushel and Berry® Raspberry Shortcake® Bushs are self-fertile. You will get fruit with only one plant. However, adding an additional Bushel and Berry® Raspberry Shortcake® Bush will drastically increase the size of your crop.
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Black raspberries and red raspberries must be planted at least 100 feet from each other to prevent cross pollination.
1) If possible, plant your raspberries early in the spring. If you live in a warmer area of the country plant in late winter.
2) A week before you plant, prepare the soil with compost or aged manure, plants prefer slightly acidic soil.
3) Dig a hole twice the width and the same depth as the root ball.
4) For multiple plants, space raspberries about 3 feet apart, in rows 8 feet apart.
5) A trellis or a fence can provide extra support for growth. If you chose to use this option, do it from the beginning of planting so the plants are not disturbed when maturing.
2. Watering: Water your raspberry plant at a rate of 1 inch of water per week. Increase water as necessary during dry periods but do not over water.
3. Fertilizing: You can use compost with a small amount of balanced organic fertilizer, applying late in the winter. It’s also a good idea to spread mulch in the planting area to maintain moisture and discourage weed growth.
4. Pruning: When the new green canes grow in the spring and summer, trim to 6 to 12 inches to promote branching (and a bigger crop). After that, no pruning is necessary until fruiting is complete. When fruiting is complete, remove these canes.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
|$179 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
Customer Reviews & Photos
- root ball
- Fast Growing Trees
I planted eight this fall. they came healthy a good size and packaged well. I should get raspberries by next year. I picked this kind because of no thorns and no staking. Also, they grow into an attractive mound that works well in my edible landscaped yard. Can't wait!
Came fast! In beautiful shape. Once planted they perked up and have new growth within that week!
So far so good. The root seems to be establishing in the new pot. I'm hoping we'll see lots of raspberries next Spring!
It's too new to tell. No raspberries yet
I really love my raspberry bushes. They were very healthy and look great. Looking forward to eating the berries.