|Mature Height:||1-2 ft.|
|Mature Width:||1-2 ft.|
|Year to Bear:||Can Fruit the 1st Year!|
|Botanical Name:||Vaccinium corymbosum 'ZF06-043' PP23325|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ, CA, OR, WA|
|Grows Well In Zones:||5-10 outdoors|
|You are in Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 5-10 outdoors(hardy down to -10℉)
Sweet Blueberries from a Cold Hardy Plant
Large Harvest of Blueberries
Bushel and Berry® Peach Sorbet™ Blueberry Bush is one of the most acclaimed fruiting shrubs we carry. Unlike traditional blueberry bushes which grow tall, leggy, and need to be staked - these grow into a compact shrub. Perfect for container growing. The bigger the container, the bigger your harvest.
Sweetest Tasting Berries You Can Grow
Traditional blueberries can have some tart, bitter flavors if picked too soon...not the Peach Sorbet™! These berries taste like a combination of a homemade peach cobbler and traditional, sweet blueberries. This blueberry is a favorite with our nursery staff and will likely be your favorite as well. It produces delicious, large berries with a firm texture.
You're welcome to plant this bush in the ground. It won't get out of control and only reaches about 2 feet in height. They're cold hardy, so you won't need to worry about them in the winter all the way up to zone 5. If you decide to plant it in a container, you won't need to hassle with bringing it inside when the temperatures drop. Enjoy it on your patio all year through - from zones 5-10.
Year-Round Color and Interest
Not only is this plant unique for the flavorful berries that it produces, but it also has colorful foliage. Leaf colors range from a pinkish-yellow in the spring, to dark green in the summer, and then in the fall and winter the leaves turn a dark shade of purple. This berry will keep its leaves through winter so it does not look like other blueberry bushes that look like dead twigs.
We have a limited selection of these special blueberry bushes, so place your order now. We'll ship it to you the next business day.
Bushel and Berry® Peach Sorbet™ Blueberry Bush Pollination
Bushel and Berry® Peach Sorbet™ Blueberry Bushs are self-fertile. You will get fruit with only one plant. However, adding an additional Bushel and Berry® Peach Sorbet™ Blueberry Bush will drastically increase the size of your crop.
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Dig a hole with the shovel that is about twice the size of the root ball of the bush. Make sure the hole is the same depth as the container it comes in. When planting more than one blueberry bush, dig holes that are at least five feet apart in rows that are 10 feet apart. Amend the soil from the hole with peat moss. Make sure to thoroughly mix the peat moss with the soil from the hole. Place the Blueberry bush in the hole. Cover the roots with soil-peat moss mix.
2. Watering: Your blueberry bushes will need to be watered regularly to make certain that the root system becomes well established. The soil surrounding your tree should be moist, but never saturated. Light green leaves can be a sign of overwatering, while drooping leaves can be a sign of both over or under-watering.
3. Fertilizing: You do not need to fertilize the Blueberry bush at the time of planting. Fertilize the Blueberry bush twice a year, once in the spring and once after harvest.
4. Pruning: Blueberries require only minimal pruning. Lower limbs can be thinned out to keep the fruit from touching the soil, and excessively vigorous upright shoots can be thinned out several feet from the ground to keep the center of the bush open, and to keep the bearing surface within reach. Spindly, weak, or dead branches should be thinned out annually during the dormant season.
5. Pollination: Blueberries are not self-fertile and must have two or more varieties to pollinate each other. Honeybees are inefficient pollinators, and carpenter bees frequently cut the corollas to rob nectar without pollinating the flowers. Blueberries do best when pollinated by buzz pollination by bees, such as the native southeastern blueberry bee.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
Customer Reviews & Photos
- blueberry bush
I cut back the bush a couple weeks after arrival. I am seeing new growth which is good. So at this point tough to review.
Both plants very large and established, looking forward to a first year harvest. I planted both in pots and have been able to make sure the soil is acidic.
I bought 2 plants One has better foliage but both have some blooms.
This bush was a replacement because a previous order arrived damaged, and that variety was no longer available. I believe it is an even better choice. The plant is beautiful, full, with some buds. I'm hopeful that we will see some berries this year. Customer service was excellent as well.
The bushes have been planted and are on the back deck. They arrived healthy and in good shape. They are thriving and already have blueberries. It has only been about two weeks since I received them so check back with me in a few weeks.
Get exclusive offers, care tips and more!