* Images shown are of mature plants
My FGT Yard Planner
You'll need to log in or create an account in order to save this item
Have questions? Talk with our Plant Experts (800) 973-8959
Minimal Work for a Huge Harvest
Why Brightwell Blueberry Bushes?
Grown commercially throughout Southeast North America and beyond, the Brightwell Blueberry is chosen for its vigorous growth, minimal maintenance, and flavorful fruit. The open, spreading shrub reaches its full height quickly and can produce 15 pounds of berries each year. That's a lot of blueberry preserves!
Did we mention its easy growth? A hybrid variety of the Rabbiteye blueberry, the Brightwell plant is known for its ruggedness and dependability, with a natural resistance to disease and insects. A handful of sweet blueberries on a bowl of cereal, a stack of pancakes or a dish of yogurt— it doesn't get much better than that!
Typical of the Rabbiteye species, the Brightwell plant produces medium and large-sized berries with a distinct firmness and a sweet flavor. Get ready to savor them, whether they're cooked in a pie, or preserved in a Mason jar (any way you want 'em!).
Even better? The Brightwell's blueberries ripen quickly— just two months after you notice flowers decorating the branches, you'll be eating fresh fruit. And fully grown, the Brightwell plant produces up to 15 pounds of berries each year. You'll have such a generous crop you’ll be able to share with friends, family, and co-workers and still have plenty for yourself.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
Count on wildlife to be drawn to your blueberries. It’s easy enough to protect your berries by placing a simple netting over the shrub. In the meantime, you’re sure to see some interesting 4-legged friends who come to admire your colorful aromatic plants
Order your Brightwell Blueberry Shrubs today and get ready for fruit your very first season.
Brightwell Blueberry Pollination
Brightwell Blueberrys are self-fertile. You will get fruit with only one plant. However, adding an additional Brightwell Blueberry will drastically increase the size of your crop.
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Plant in an area with well-drained soil and adequate sunlight (6 to 8 hours of sunlight daily) with some shade and exposure to cooler weather.
When you're ready to plant, dig a hole that is three times the diameter of the plant’s root ball and just as deep. Place the plant into the hole so that surface roots are just below the soil’s line. Fill in the hole with the garden soil, pine bark, and peat moss mixture. Tamp the soil down firmly around the shrub’s roots to remove any air pockets.
2. Watering: The Brightwell should be watered once every 2 to 3 days for the first two weeks. Keep soil moist, not saturated, by using your index finger. Stick it into your soil a couple of inches and feel around for any moisture. If it’s becoming dry, water your bush.
3. Fertilizing: Fertilize the Brightwell when the leaves start to develop. Apply one tablespoon of fertilizer made for azaleas such as 10-5-4, 10-8-8 or 11-7-7 in a 12-inch circle around the base of the shrub. Water thoroughly after fertilizing.
4. Pruning: The Brightwell will benefit from being pruned in the late winter to remove dead or crowded branches.
5. Pollination: The Brightwell is somewhat self-pollinating but to set an ample crop of berries it is suggested that you plant in trios for maximum pollination. The Rabbiteye makes an ideal pollinator.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $129||$19.95|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||10-12 ft.|
|Mature Width:||6-8 ft.|
|Year to Bear:||Can Fruit the 1st Year!|
|Botanical Name:||Vaccinium ashei|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ,CA,OR,WA|
|Grows Well In Zones:||7-9 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 7-9 outdoors(hardy down to 10℉)
Customer Reviews & Photos
- Brightwell Blueberry
Be hea plantBeaBe Hea plant
Good, it was planted the same day I received it and I am taking care of it like I would a baby, I hope it does well.
This was my second purchase of the Brightwell, it has performed really well and I wanted more of this variety. It is a heavy producer and the berries are delicious and is well suited to zone eight.
Great plant, fedex poor delivery
Good experience dealing with Fast Growing Trees. Arrived a little late and banged-up, thanks FedEx but planted it as soon as it arrived. Pruned a few broken branches and it is looking healthy.
Still no blueberries after a few weeks. Just kidding. The bush came very healthy and it has good new growth already. It’s happy where it’s planted and I can’t wait to start seeing blueberries.